Chapter Twenty Nine

"I could see darkness in his eyes, and I don't know why, but I was captivated."

------------------

It was 5:00 AM

My eyes fluttered and then opened. I gradually started to remove myself from my- the bed.

I looked around me, and Agustin was gone. I wondered when he left during the night. But I had no time.

I needed to get ready. I had to get back to my territory; or what was left of it.

I pulled my backpack from one of the drawers and started to stuff all my scattered belongings to it. I took off the hoody and sweats I wore, folding them neatly by the bedside.

I didn’t need to remember him.

I didn’t need to take anything from here.

And so, I put on my worn dirty clothes, my tattered running shoes, and pushed my black hair to the side.

I didn’t even bother to check myself in the mirror.

I pulled out the phone from under the sheets, my anxiousness getting the best of me.

It was 5:28 now.

I roughly grabbed my backpack putting it on. My feelings were a mess and I had to stop what I was doing every 5 minutes to take a breath.

I hurried out of the room snapping the door closed.

“Alpha.” Someone gasped.

I pulled myself to the side to meet Anne’s frightened face.

“Clean the room. I’m leaving.”

“Where are you going?”

“Home. A ruined one.”

I answered truthfully.

Her eyes widened at my words. Soon, she scampered away towards the room, nodding at my requests.

I continued rushing down the stairs, not bothering with the servants’ questioning looks.

Somehow, in my hasty phase, I managed to reach the main door. I re-adjusted my shirt and held in a breath, taking in my surroundings again.

One last time.

I felt a tug on my shirt as I unlocked the door.

I turned around exasperated and annoyed. Agustin’s eyes bored into mine, as he raised an eyebrow skeptically.

“I need to leave.” I required.

“Where?” He asked smoothly.

“You know where.” I pressed on, turning around.

He held my wrist pressing and spinning me around. I looked down at his grasp trying to bring my skin to burn under his touch.

 I muttered,

“Nothing.”

His hand directly retracted and I was left free. Free from this.

Nothing. I felt nothing as he touched and talked to me. I knew he got what I meant from the simple word, for he let me go.

One last time.

**********

Heaps and mounds of broken glass and shredded houses. Masses and pounds of dead people: My people.

I watched the destruction of what was My Responsibility. My Pack. My territory.

Too much blood. Too much wounds. Too much scars.