Chapter Six

"The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has limits."

-----------------------------

The voices were shaky, the image was a blur, the surroundings were disarray, the senses were lost and the strength was fragile. I just stayed there, in what seemed another dimension, unable to analyze anything. It felt calm there, really calm.

It felt new- disturbingly new. I tried to intellect the sanities I had in this world but it was hard in such a fresh lucidity.

However, I was torn from the vision as my head spun. Sounds were echoing in my brain and soon enough my eyes shot open.

I was in the pack’s hospital as I figured. The plain intoxicating smell filling the air. A cold hand touched my arm gently and I diverted my gaze to the pack doctor. I breathed in and out and tried to find some power within me, but I couldn’t, so I settled with blinking painfully.

Then, I noticed what the intoxicating smell was. It was his. He stood on the wall eyes closed and two men holding him steadily. The doctor walked to him and patted his shoulder.

His eyes opened in an instant and they were red, craving me. He struggled from his hold but the doctor placed him on a chair and then helped me out on another one opposite to him. I could move now, he held all my power and as soon as I saw him- I realized he could be my little sanity for now; the sanity in my insanity. We were sitting there eyes locked, and two men were restraining both of us.

The pack doctor said he wanted to do some kind of “experiment.” Agustin’s unearthly growls filled the place as the  men were touching me and pushing me away from him. After several minutes, we finally calmed and just sat there frozen. I managed to look at him again, his looks towards me took hold of all my feelings and were put in his control.

The doctor took out an elongated piece of white cloth and handed the first end to me and the second to Agustin. The instant we touched the cloth, Agustin pulled me closer and crashed our chairs together tearing the cloth apart. I hissed in pain at the sudden action and Agustin tore away from me trying to control his breathing.

All the feelings I felt at that moment were unbearable. The men hurdled to restrain both of us again. Agustin’s eyes shifted to an entire black color as the men barely touched me. He cried out as he looked away from their hands clutching on my skin. He looked away burying his head in his arms. I wanted him so bad. I was crying back and growling. I tried to reach for him but Agustin was moving away still not looking at me. Why were they torturing us like this? Wasn’t it obvious how much I desperately needed this?

The pack doctor finally spoke looking at me, “That is what I was afraid of. Unconsciously he pulled you closer, he didn’t even wait to see what I wanted to do, and he pulled you with so much force he almost hurt you. The cloth and chairs are damaged. The bond is so influential and controlling. And you didn’t stop him when he pulled you. The bond was filling you with so much intoxicating feels that they began toxicating,  your body had to shut down.”

“So much intoxicating feels that they began toxicating.” The phrase locked in my head.

When we both settled with silence, our hearts aching too much and sucking all the power from us, the doctor continued, “You are the first Alpha Female, and to be mated to an Alpha, that’s the strongest bond ever possible. I know bonds between an Alpha’s daughter and an Alpha is extremely powerful. But, compared to this, this is much more demanding… The mate bond gets stronger once you get claimed and fully mated, I don’t know how we can deal with a stronger one than this… And look at you Alpha Vivienne, you have never been weak, ever in your life. This bond is a destruction…”