Chapter Twenty Four

"You can pretend that it's meant to be with her, but baby you could never run away from a beating heart."

---------------

“Stay.”

 The word hung desperately in the throttling air. Agustin’s eyes burn into mine and I find myself pushing the stray locks of his hair away from his face. He lets out a small sigh, resting his forehead on mine. He smiled and I couldn’t help but return the breath-taking gesture.

I chose him over the pack. I told him to stay.

There is shuffling between the trees as the woman makes presence again. “You shall follow me to ‘The embroider’.”

I knew she heard us, she heard my decision. Now we could go to this ‘Embroider’, we could finally fix this mate bond and become capable of being normal ones- as we were always meant to be.

I couldn’t find ‘The Perilous’, I couldn’t help the pack anymore.

I chose him.

We followed the woman, on a safe distance from her draping black coat.

“The path isn’t too long. It would take about twenty minutes to reach the central. Another 10 minutes if we were lucky to catch on the track vehicle.”

“A track vehicle?” Agustin questioned.

“Oh, it’s like a car.” The woman shrugged it off.

Both Agustin and I weren’t used to following people’s suites, but we had to follow her if we wanted to fix us. It was getting more awkward every moment and I couldn’t seek comfort in Agustin, we both knew we needed our space until we could work this bond out.

“We never knew your name.” I said half-way through.

The woman smiled, a smug one as she replied, “I am whoever you want me to be.”

“Your name?” I said, my tone clipped.

“I don’t repeat my words.” She said in her same voice.

“I am the one who doesn’t repeat herself! You know exactly who I am.”

Agustin let out an exasperated sigh. He cleared his throat but I refused to bow down for such a woman.

“Oh yeah. I happen to know what you are: An Alpha. What an Alpha you are Vivienne.” She scoffed. She was obviously mocking me, but her words sliced right through my skin hurting what was left of both my ego and pride. I found it hard to breathe as I glared at mere nothing. My vision blurred and all I could see was Red.

Murder. Kill. Destroy.

The three words rung demandingly in my brain as my claws extended and slashed at the first thing that came across of me. Growls erupted from my body as I paced around. All the voices dimmed and disappeared and my surroundings seemed to shrink as I growled again louder. Anger coursed in me demanding my every action. I wasn’t myself at that moment: I was pure rage.

I felt being pulled to the sides, and my side burnt. I tugged at whoever who was holding me, but I felt their grip tighten. Soon I weakened, collapsing on the floor as if that touch drained me. True to my words, as my eyes tried to adjust to the light, I saw Agustin’s hands wrapped around my body securely, pinning me to the ground. I felt lost from breath as I hissed, “Let me go.”

Tingles spread in my body as he neared himself, his breath fanning my face, “Calm down Vivienne.”

All my body felt on fire and I seemed to relax, until the fire reached its climax and started hurting me. Agustin’s grip stole all the fury away- it weakened me and I guess it was the right thing to do at that moment of wrath.

Agustin realizing my sudden change and discomfort, removed his hands. A trickle of blood dropped to my cheek and my eyes widened as I saw what I have caused to my most beloved.

“It’s okay.” He promised catching on my concerned expression.

“We shall continue now.” Her cold voice resounded in the murky forest. She looked so calm, so steady as she continued walking. And I wandered, how much pain has this women gone through, that it forced to snatch all her feelings away? How many times did she need to break, until she could not anymore?

I shook away the dark thoughts as I stood up, Agustin back at a safe distance.

Don’t worry baby, soon I will be able to hold you tight. I thought.

~~~~~~~~~

“How much more time?” Agustin questioned.

“We’re here.” The woman replied her cold eyes staring to his. She searched his face, trying to catch on something. I wasn’t so sure what she wanted to find in his green eyes. She closed her eyes for a moment and shook her head dismissingly. Her thin hands extended and pushed the thin branches ahead of us. Cropped trees lined the pathway and there were scattered small wooden houses on each side. Each house held a different vibe. All of them sent shivers of repulsion through me. Agustin’s hot breath tickled my ear as he said, “What’s wrong.”

I took a few steps away catching my breath. “Nothing.” I answered with as much assurance as I could.

I relaxed my shoulders and walked steadily on the cement pathway. People were giving us confusing looks and others with curiosity. Some even seemed to doubt our every move. Two Alphas walking side by side didn’t seem to intimidate them at all. It’s like our power was ineffective in this area.

“We don’t feel your power.” The woman spoke. She always answered what ran in my head, and I wandered again about her powers and how much strength did she really hold.

“Why don’t you?” Agustin asked. His eyes watching the icy faces around us.

“Curses.” She said. Her voice was chilly as she spoke the word and it seemed like only she could affect us.

She rose her hand and did some kind of gesture. In that instant a vast metallic machine appeared from the side. “The track vehicle.” The woman talked before I could ask her myself. We stepped on the steep metallic stairs leading to its entrance. Smoke was surrounding the whole device and we walked in settling ourselves on cold metallic chairs. The vehicle moved with an eruption of sounds and honks as the engine went to action. Agustin hissed next to me and my body immediately snapped towards him, “What is it?” Agustin held his wrist as I examined a slight burn on his skin.

Silver.

“There is silver here?” I barked at the woman.

“Oh, on the windowpane, forgot to warn.”

She smiled at her answer as she inserted some directions on a touch screen. I was growling at her as I examined Agustin’s wrist again. “Vivienne.” He whined. “It’s fine.” He mumbled.

I ignored him as I placed my hand gently on his wrist. He winced but I wanted to know how deep the burn got. It seemed at my trace, the wound seemed to faint. I quietly gasped at what our bond is capable of. Soon enough, the burn disappeared.

I turned around to see that the woman had been examining our every move. She opened her mouth and spoke, “Can’t you see it Vivienne? We aren’t any different.”

--------------------------

HELLO!

I HAVE MY FIRST TERM EXAMS AT THE MOMENT, SO I'M SORRY IF I HAVE BEEN UNACTIVE LATELY.

LOVE YOU ALL.

WISH ME LUCK.

VOTE.

COMMENT.

The author,

-Lea