Chapter Thirteen

Capricorn leaned back in the booth, sipping on her soda as she messed with her straw a bit. The sunlight shone through the window, bringing in a natural light that Capricorn absolutely adored. She always loved window seats, made her feel a sense of comfort in a way.

She tapped her foot underneath the table while keeping her eyes over on the door, waiting for him to walk through. She had called Leo the other day, telling him that she wanted to meet up. Said she had something important that she wanted to talk to him about. 

And though she was usually so calm and collected with Leo, this time felt different. She felt nervous. Her heart couldn't stop beating. It felt like it was going to pound out of her chest at any minute. 

She continued on messing with the straw in her drink for it was helping calm her nerves slightly. She felt so confident when she called him up on the phone, but now that it was really happening, she felt like a nervous wreck. It was a dramatic change that Capricorn wasn't expecting. 

She eventually tore her eyes away from the door, looking back out the window instead. When Leo came in, she didn't want him to think that he was staring at the door just waiting on him, although that was exactly what she was doing. But he didn't need to know that.

After what felt like ages, Capricorn heard the door open once more to reveal Leo. He glanced around the small diner, trying to find Capricorn. He gave her a kind smile once his eyes finally landed on her and started heading over to the booth where she was sat at.

He was curious as to why she wanted him there. As far as he knew, she just wanted to talk. However, he didn't know what she even wanted to talk about. When it came to that, he was absolutely clueless.

But he was completely free, he didn't really have anything better to do. And when it came to seeing one of his friends, he wouldn't want to pass the opportunity up.

"Hey." Leo smiled softly as he slid into the booth across from Capricorn.

"Hi." Capricorn returned the smile, setting her soft drink back down on the table. She set her hands down on her knees, rubbing them softly as she let out a quiet sigh. She couldn't believe how nervous she was in this moment. It felt so obscure to the girl. She didn't want to make it obvious to Leo how she was feeling. That would only make the situation even worse.

"Everything alright?" Leo questioned, throwing the waitress a small smile when she handed him a menu and a glass of ice water. He grabbed onto the menu, taking a sip of the water as he waited upon Capricorn's answer.

"Oh yeah, i'm alright." Capricorn threw him a small smile to reassure him, just praying that her feelings weren't obvious to him.

Leo chuckled quietly and nodded. He could tell how nervous she seemed to be, but he didn't want to point it out. Didn't want to make her feel bad. So instead, he just remained silent, not saying a word.

To avoid the awkward silence, he picked up the menu of the diner and began scanning through it, trying to see if there was something that caught his eye. After all, he was pretty hungry. A main reason he wanted to join Capricorn. Some food sounded nice to Leo.

Capricorn exhaled quietly, watching as Leo looked through the menu. She bit her lip, and looked down at her own as well even though she had no intention of ordering anything else. It was more of a distraction if anything.

Leo glanced up from his menu, looking back over at Capricorn. He let out a quiet sigh, setting the menu down on the table, keeping his eyes over on the brunette, "What's on your mind?" He spoke through a chuckle. He could clearly tell there was something that she was just itching to say.