Chapter Thirty Three

Libra rubbed her eyes and sniffled quietly as she stared down at the phone that she held in her shaky hand. Aries' contact was already up there, the bright screen hitting her face. It was tempting to hit the call button, but her growing nerves were stopping her from doing so. She was terrified. She didn't think it would be a good idea to call him now when thinking back on what she had done, but she also knew that it wouldn't be a good idea to ignore any of this either.

She hated to admit it but this was her responsibility that she had to take care of. She couldn't just ignore him and pretend nothing like this ever happened. Because it did, and she couldn't ever take any of what she did back, even if she desperately wanted to. 

The girl was struggling on what to do to make things right, even if that seemed impossible. But sitting here and doing nothing  didn't change anything at all.

And so, she decided to give him a call. Even if he didn't answer it, she could at least say that she tried when it came to apologizing to him. That way she would get to say that she actually tried when it came to fixing their now extremely broken relationship.

Hesitantly, Libra pushed the small little button on her phone before holding it up to her ear. She could feel her heartbeat in her throat as she listened to the ringing of the phone, anticipating nervously for him to answer. 

What was really thirty seconds seemed like a lifetime to Libra. Every ring of the phone only made time seem to go by slower and slower. But soon, the ringing came to an end.

Libra was practically sitting on the edge of her bed, waiting to hear Aries' voice on the other end of the phone. And his voice did eventually come, except, it was his voicemail.

She shouldn't have been surprised that he didn't answer it. She had expected that to happen. But that didn't mean she still didn't feel a little hurt by it. She remembered when Aries would practically be leaping at his phone to answer whenever she called. But now it seemed like he couldn't even bother.

Maybe he was busy. Maybe his phone was just on silent and he didn't see that she had called him.

While all of these excuses she was making up in her head seemed reasonable, it didn't seem like the case. She wasn't stupid. She know Aries most likely saw that she had called him for he rarely ever left his phone on silent.

Libra took a deep breath as she looked back down at her phone, staring down at Aries' picture that she had saved for his contact. Even just staring at his picture made her miss him even more than she already did.

She didn't want to give up quite that easily. Aries meant the world to her and she decided that it was time to finally show him the love that he deserved. Hopefully, he would accept her again. 

And so she tried to call him  up again, hoping that this time he answered.

He didn't.

So she tried once more, maybe this time he would accept the call.

He didn't.

Libra groaned in irritation and threw her phone down on the pillow beside her. She rubbed her eyes and sighed heavily. There was no way he was just not seeing these calls, she knew that he had to be intentionally ignoring her calls by now. Maybe calling him wasn't the answer then, maybe meeting up with him in person would be better. That way they would have to talk things out, he couldn't just hang up like he would be able to in a phone call. 

And if there was anybody that knew Aries better than her, it was Leo. And so she decided to give him a call instead with high hopes that he would answer these calls of her instead.

---

Aries leaned back against the wall, holding just a glass of water while he could feel his phone buzzing in his back pocket.