I Like You - HeYa FanFic- Chapter 2

Heather Morris’ POV

‘I was born that way, baby.’ I remarked turning to Naya and sitting down. I did what I did best when I was around Naya. Observe her. It sounds creepy, yes. But that was the only way I know anybody, by observing them and their feelings, their behaviour. Their habits. My eyes trailed her legs and the outline of her figure slumped in the chair, up to her face. I had to admit, Naya has the most beautifully complexed face I have ever seen. Her eyes were lost. ‘You alright?’

‘Hm? Oh yeah, I’m fine. I just have tons of things on my mind.’ I nodded understandingly.

‘You should eat, you’ll feel better. Well, at least, I do.’ That made Naya laugh. Too many times I’ve replayed the sound of her laugh in my head as if it was a broken record. A beautiful broken record. I watched as Naya gulped down the spaghetti, stopping now and then to take a sip of water. She was perfect to me.

‘Stop staring at me, Heather. It freaks me out when people watch me eating. I either feel I’m doing something terribly wrong or you’re a stalker that wants my blood spilt on the carpet.’ Naya looked at me. I smiled and turned away, taking the first bite of the spaghetti.

XXXXX

‘Cause it’s too cold for you here! So now, let me hold both your hands in the holes of my sweater!’ We sang out the lyrics to Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood in the wee hours of the morning. Naya laughed loudly at my enthusiasm and turned the stereo down.

‘We should really go to sleep, we’re shooting tomorrow.’ Naya finally calmed me down. I stuck my bottom lip out.

‘I don’t want to go to sleep.’ I whined and folded my arms across my chest.

‘Why?’ Naya laughed softly at my playfulness.

‘Because, it’s too cold for me here, so now, I’ll let you hold both my hands in the holes of your sweater.’ I recited. I had to admit, I was a tiny bit drunk but that wasn’t going to stop me from spending the night awake with Naya.

‘Come on, Heather. If we arrive late on set tomorrow, Ryan will not be happy.’ Naya warned me as she got to her feet. I finally gave in and made Naya practically drag me into the bedroom. I laid down on the soft bed as Naya laid down next to me.

‘Goodnight, Heather.’

‘Goodnight, Naya.’ Naya soon fell asleep and I, with the habit of not being able to sleep on the same bed with another person, laid there and waited not for something but for everything. I waited for the moment Naya would realise the affection I felt for her. I waited for the moment that I accepted she would never be with me. I waited for everything to fall into place. A movement on the other side of the bed interrupted my thoughts. I turned and came face to face with Naya who had a sweet smile on her face as she slept.  The moonlight glinted against her shiny lips. I bit my lip in temptation. No, I can’t kiss her. I shouldn’t. I could try. I moved closer to Naya and felt her warm skin against mine. I placed my hand on her face and stroked her lips gently with my thumb. ‘One love, two mouths. One love, one house.’ I softly sang as I leant in a placed a gentle kiss on Naya’s juicy lips. I pulled away and smiled as if I was the happiest girl on earth. I had finally done it. I finally kissed Naya Rivera. I soon fell asleep and while I was asleep, I was pretty sure I had a smile on my face too.

XXXXX

‘Heather, wake up!’ I slowly opened my eyes to see Naya’s face above mine. My eyes widened in shock.  ‘Oh, good, you’re awake. I had the weirdest dream last night.’

‘Is it morning?’

‘Yeah, anyways, this dream I had.’

‘Did you sleep good last night?’ I asked Naya as I remembered the kiss we shared last night.