I Like You - HeYa FanFic - Chapter 1

Naya Rivera’s POV

‘I like you.’ I whispered to her as we link pinkies.

‘For real?’ Heather asked, looking at me with wide eyes.  I nodded.

‘You don’t want it to be real?’ I questioned her. Heather giggled.

‘I just thought you were practising one of your lines on me.’ She admitted. We laughed at that as it did make a lot of sense. We were on set and we had just finished practising our lines for Showmance.  We reached my trailer and I opened the door swiftly, gesturing her to go inside.

‘So this is what a trailer looks like.’ Heather sighed as she looked around my trailer which walls were plastered with pictures fashion icons, famous singers and food. Fashion magazines were everywhere, most of them from VOGUE and were half open.

‘Yeah, a trailer of a maniac.’ I muttered as I closed the door behind me, making the trailer dim. I turned on the lights and took off my Cheerios jacket, flinging it onto the bed. ‘You want anything?’

‘Hm?’ Heather turned around. I pointed to the fridge making Heather nod eagerly. ‘I need water to hydrate my throat.’

I chuckled as I pulled open the fridge door. Taking out 2 bottles of water, I tossed one to Heather unexpectedly, making her fumble. ‘Sorry.’

‘It’s okay.’ Heather said quickly before popping open the bottle and takings large drowns of water. I stood there watching her, not sure whether to feel impressed that a person could drink that much water in such a short time or disgusted at her lack of manners. I finally managed to peel my eyes away from Heather and opened my own bottle and taking small sips of water.

‘Do you have a trashcan?’ I turned around and saw Heather with the bottle, now empty right down to the very last drop, in her hand. I pointed to a small blue basket and took another sip.

‘You must be really thirsty.’ I remarked as she attempted to throw the bottle into the trashcan from the couch. Heather nodded and finally threw the bottle which landed straight into the trashcan. Heather looked at me with an arrogant look on her face as if she was expecting me to congratulate her on her amazing shot.

‘Congrats!’ I said sarcastically. Heather rolled her eyes at me and looked at me in disappointment. ‘What?’

‘Say it with more enthusiasm like you’re actually happy I got that shot right.’

‘Fine. Congratulations, Heather! You should be an Olympic winner for that shot!’ I exclaimed with the slightest hint of sarcasm in my voice. Heather threw her hands up in defeat. There was a silence which was neither awkward nor comfortable.

‘You wanna hang out sometime?’ Heather said it slowly as if she thought she was going to receive a negative answer. I smiled gently and thought about it. It’s been a long time since I had an actual real best friend and Heather would be a great candidate.

‘Sure.’

Heather smiled at me and stood up. She walked towards me and gave me a hug.

‘Whoa, we’re already on that stage?’

‘Sorry, I’m just happy I found someone who actually takes an interest in what I’m saying. Most of the time the people I hang out with just want to be my friend because I performed Single Ladies with Beyonce.

‘I get you. People want to be my friend cause I was on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. But then again, who wouldn’t want to tap this?’ I turned around and shook my butt at Heather, causing her to laugh uncontrollably. I turned back around and gave a small curtsy making Heather shower me with a round of applause.  We were in the middle of laughing when there was a small knock on the trailer door. I stood up and opened it. ‘Oh hey, Dianna.’ Dianna stood in the doorway in her Cheerios uniform which, I have to give it to her, fits her perfectly.