I Like You - HeYa FanFic - Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

‘Shooting starts in five minutes. I was wondering whether you wanted to walk with me.’ She said somewhat soothingly. I nodded eagerly before hearing a small cough behind me. I turned around and saw Heather sitting awkwardly there, stifling her laughter from the previous conversation.

‘Oh, you have visitors?’ Dianna asked, peering into the trailer.

‘Yeah, Dianna meet Heather. Heather meet Dianna.’ I introduced them to each other before grabbing my Cheerios jacket and putting it on.

XXXXXXX

‘Ugh, get a room.’ I say while rolling my eyes at Matthew and Jayma.

‘Miss Sylvester wants to see you in her office, Mr Schue. She doesn’t like to be kept waiting.’ I heard Dianna remark behind me as I walked away.

‘You got it!’ Matthew said.

‘And cut!’ Ryan shouted.

‘Nice insult, Naya.’ Heather said as I walked off set.

‘Thanks but I don’t write them. The writers do.’

‘Yeah, I know. But the way you say it, it kind of insulted me for a second.’

‘But you weren’t flirting with anybody like Miss Pilsberry was with Mister Schuester.’

‘Well, the guy with the glasses took an interest in me while you were acting.’

‘Who? Kevin?’ 

‘I don’t know, the one pretending to be the cripple.’

‘Yeah, that’s Kevin.’ I confirmed, taking a sip of water from my water bottle. ‘Do you find him cute?’

‘No, a little bit. Yes.’ Heather muttered shyly.

‘He’s a charmer that one, tried to pick me up first day I got here.’

‘So, he’s a player?’

‘Nah, he’s dating someone. Just likes to pick girls up.’

‘Who’s the girl?’

‘Amber. Amber Riley.’

‘Who’s Amber again?’

‘Mercedes Jones. You know, if you’re going to stay here for a long time, you gotta remember who’s who. ’ I whispered to her as the next scene was being shot.

‘It’s just that there are so many people and so many names and so many personalities that I always forget which personality belongs to which character and which character belongs to which actor.’ Heather murmured, sitting down on her chair. I chuckled at that remark.

‘I know being the new girl is hard but you gotta pull through. I mean, like, this is only the beginning.’

‘The beginning of a new era. A new era called Glee!’

XXXXX

‘Action!’ Ryan shouted as the cameras started rolling. Dianna knocks the hammer thrice before saying her lines.

‘The Celibacy Club is now in session. Thanks to a school rule that says we have to let anyone join the club, we’re welcoming a new member this week. Rachel what’s her name.’ Dianna remarked, shooting a few glances at me before making me smile with her insult.

‘Where are all the boys?’ Leah asked.

‘Down the hall, first half hour we separate then we come together to share our faith.’

‘Cut!’ Ryan shouted.

We walked off set as they begin to shoot the boys’ scene.

‘How’s it like to be in your first scene?’ I whispered to Heather as we took our seats.