13. 》》 Vorfreude

(n.) The joyful, intense anticipation that comes from imagining future plans.

Hold up - Excuse me - Wait an instant -

Did my ears just catch a metaphorical quote from a poet's voice or Ash spoke it with his own voice?

"I just poured my heart in front of you."

A hair-raising sneakiness witheld his smirk. His pupils were still of the same size, slicing right through me and foraging any response – something that I grew short of in just a blink of an eye.

I could've blurted out a "Hmm" or an "Oh" or perhaps "That's cool". Heck, even a nod would've satisfied his questioning looks.

But nope.

What did Clouseau replica aka Serena Yvonne say instead?

"My breath stinks my hair rots my skin sweats so imma take a bath."

Landing on the floor and grabbing whatever came into my fist I approached the bathroom's door with a robotic march and expression.

Away from him, away from his stares.

"Hang on ketchup-chan, it's seven in the evening, You sure about taking a bath at this time of that day?" His tone carried heaviness and eyes were magnified in horror.

"That's – " I chewed the inside of my cheek. "My routine! Yeah! I take a shower whenever I feel like it and you can't question it. Kthxbye."

My hands shaking, I applied all of my strength in order to open the door and hustled into the washroom– i.e– a void where my emotions are mitigated to come at rest.

I needed to take a breather. I required it for real.

"I just poured my heart in front of you."

Of course he did.

A mere cream-like phrase from him had the capacity to block my gullet from even replying.

How can someone be this much effortless with pick-up lines yet is as dense like an immovable boulder at the same time?

Ding-dong Sere, did the bell ring this time?

My brain was existing in misconceptions till this time. Everything felt so unreal all of a sudden, as though whatever theories about him that were listed in my braincells were mistaken.