Chapter 1 - Talk At LMWHS

Start from the beginning

"Which is why we need to give them as close as we can, a big wake up call. These photos." Hailey said.

"Ok then add them into the file." Jay agreed and soon enough they had their whole file sorted for the presentation the next day.

"I'm glad you became a cop and didn't take a lot of that stuff. It must have been hard not having people look out for you." Jay said and looked to his girlfriend.

"It was but I had people like Trudy, who came and sat with me when I was at my worst, when I was scared, like that day my Dad's restaurant got robbed. She looked out for me, she could see something was wrong and Voight when I got into Intelligence has always kept me on the right path. You, who reminds me every day why we do what we do and that I have people out there that really care."

"I'll always be here for ya." Jay said and kissed Hailey.

"I love you" Hailey responded hugging her boyfriend, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I love you too."

The next morning.

Alright everyone please direct your attention to today's visitors. Now this is Sergeant Voight, he and his Intelligence unit are here on behalf of the Chicago Police Department. I'll hand over to you Sergeant." One of the homeroom teachers at Lake Michigan West said to her class of freshmen.

"Thank you Miss Harper." Voight said before continuing. "Alright everybody, like Miss Harper just said I'm Sergeant Hank Voight from the Intelligence unit out of the 21st district. These are Detectives Dawson, Halstead and Upton and Officers Ruzek, Burgess and Atwater." Voight said gesturing to each one of them as he spoke.

"Today we're going to be talking to you all about drugs and gang culture in and around Chicago and how important it is to try and avoid getting involved." Antonio continued.

Burgess took over a few seconds later from Dawson and then Jay and then Hailey however, she was interrupted by a kid walking into the room after 25 minutes of the class.

"Late again Gracie. Sit down, you've just interrupted the presentation from Chicago PD." Miss Harper said with a sigh of annoyance but remaining calm.

"Sorry." Gracie said quietly and quickly started walking towards her seat.

"Was probably picking her Dad up off of the floor again." One of the students mumbled and the others laughed.

"Hey! Shut your mouth Milligan!" Gracie said moving towards the other kid that made the joke.

"Gracie sit down right now!" Miss Harper warned moving out of her seat and stepping between them. Gracie stood for a few seconds still looking at Ross Milligan and then sat down reluctantly.

"I'm really sorry about that Detective please do continue." Miss Harper said to Hailey. Hailey just nodded and smiled sympathetically at Gracie before continuing.

After another 30 minutes the class ended. Intelligence had to clear up so stayed behind a little.

Gracie went to follow the others out when Miss Harper interrupted her. "Gracie, yeah not so fast young lady come back here." She said in a firm but calm tone and Gracie did as she was told walking back towards her teacher.

"What happened there? "She said pointing to Gracie's eye referring to a bruise she had spotted back when she had first come in.

"Slipped in the bathroom at home. The floor was wet, hit it on the cabinet door as I fell. No big deal." Gracie said in response with a shrug.

"Alright, well I want you to stay behind and help the Sergeant and his Detectives and Officers clear up please." Miss Harper said and Gracie nodded and joined Intelligence to clear up.