𝟮𝟮. versus the dark night

Start from the beginning

"It looks like all of the buildings that have power are running off generators." Natalie explained as her teammates surrounded around her computer to get a better look. "Hold on, picking up a strange reading coming from..." She was drawn to one certain location that was heavily interfering with the program she was running.

"Veracity's house?" Harris questioned out loud. "That's weird." Everyone gave him a weird look.

"What's weird? Other than the fact that you're scanning a girl's house." Mark pointed out.

"And that you apparently know Veracity's address by heart." Ryan added.

"Natalie scanned every house in the city. Statistically, some of those have to be a girl's house." Harris defended himself.

"Super creepy." Spyder shuddered.

"Oh, you're not so innocent there, Spyder. Do you remember when you used to follow Natty home, back in middle school?" Hana announced the boy's secret, causing everyone's eyes to widened. Spyder just looked away awkwardly.

"Dude." Ryan's jaw dropped in disbelief.

"Now that's even creepier." Mark pointed out.

"In my defence, I needed to make sure that my woman was safe." Spyder defended himself.

"Her house has more power than any building in the entire city." Harris pointed out, trying to bring the topic back to the powerless city.

"Ok, then you guys go there and figure out why her house still has power. Maybe it can help us find out how to restore power in the city." Ryan explained. "And just in case Grey or Harper is behind this, we need to get the power back on."

"Are you sure sending Harris is a good idea? Since he and Veracity are a few weapons away from a duel to the death." Spyder questioned.

"We work together when we have to. We're frenemies. You guys get that." Harris said.

"No, no." Ryan shook his head.

"Weird way to put it." Mark agreed.

"Yeah, he got you there." Hana nodded.

"I think I should bring a spray bottle, so you two feisty cats don't kill each other." Natalie suggested. "Well, it's more like Veracity killing Harris."

"Alright, we gotta go to the power plant and see if Grey's behind this." Ryan pointed out and his older brother nodded in agreement.

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

Spyder, Harris, Hana and Natalie were tasked with dealing Veraciry Campbell as she had somehow been the only person to be able to avoid the citywide blackout. The group had walked a solid twenty minutes to her house but no one knew exactly where the place was located due to the lack of light.

Luckily, her house was the brightest spot in all of the town. It stuck out like a sore thumb, so it was very easy to determine which place was hers. The group of four reached the driveway and were met with extremely loud edm music and flashing strobe lights. This was definitely a strange sight to them.