Capitolo IX. Enter, Sweet Dreams Part.2

En başından başla

"I know he seemed harmless, but there's something off. I don't know. Maybe I'm just paranoid.", Trish mumbled as she undid her coiffed pink locks and tied it to a loose ponytail before she went over to Josuke who are peeling some potatoes and carrots while his dashi packet boiled on the pot, she's quite intrigued by the teen's cooking prowess so she decided to went over and give him a little help by chopping the vegetables he prepped.

"I know. I don't trust that guy too.", Giorno commented as he sat straight on his spot before standing up and proceeding towards Jotaro's office.

"Yo Giorno, where are you going?", Josuke glanced over as he sauteed the onions and the beef.

"I... Have some matters to discuss with Dr. Kujo.", Giorno replied as he knocked the door to Jotaro's office. Trish glanced as she set down her knife with a concerned look on her face. It took a little while before the man behind the door told Giorno to come into his office, where he let himself in and closed the door behind.

"So? What brings you here? Do you have something in mind?", the marine biologist asked as he continued to work on some documents that littered his desk.

"Y-yes... Actually... I have to ask you something. Is it true that you are the one who killed him?", Giorno asked with a firm eye contact with the man in front of him.

Jotaro suddenly halted from his work and sighed as he settled the papers down to his desk. He removed his hat and ran a hand through his hair before removing his glasses to meet the blonde's stare with an even colder glance. His cold greenish blue orbs pierced towards Giorno's turquoise eyes, "Yes... I did. I killed him way back in Egypt. I took off his head away from the body that he stole from my ancestor." The man sounded very nonchalant about the topic as he maintained a resting expression.

"... Would you kill me too? Am I your enemy?", Giorno asked with a seriousness in his tone.

"I should be the one asking that. I'm no stranger to death, Giorno. I've looked death straight in the eye; caught a bullet, dragged into the bottom of the ocean, stopped my heart. It's up to you. Are you our enemy or an ally?"

Giorno felt that the man's word carries no lies. The way his icy blue orbs looked into his soul told him he is not giving out hollow threats, but fair warnings.

"It's a long and ugly story... A tragic one. You've read the files, right? You saw the names, the body counts, the crimes.", Dr. Kujo continued while Giorno stayed silent.

"Yes, I did. But... I don't know...", Giorno finally spoke. “I understand that you did it for your family. But what about... The family he didn't knew?”

“From what I could tell, you didn't have a chance for a good and loving family... But, Dio would really have kept you if he really cared about you and your mother at the first place.”

Giorno's heart sank further as he sighed and looked away. “My mother would always talk highly about him... It's just that...”

“Dio is well aware of his actions. His journal says it all. He made one of his 'play things' go so she could bare him an offspring that would continue his deeds and if not be a blood bag.”

Jotaro saw how the boy in front of him shiver. It might me anger or frustration but, his glance towards the young man softened, "I understand if you are mad at me. Taking all of these things all at once... I am deeply sorry.”

"No. It's just that I kept thinking about the truth... And at first I find most of it to be lies. But I honestly think he deserved it, and fate just gave him his punishment. It could've been worse. Thank you for letting my father's soul to rest. I am sorry for his behalf. As distasteful as it is... I can't do anything about it."