"I'm so proud of you Lex." Tony beamed, ruffling his friend's hair as he embraced him once again. "That took guts man, no need to put labels on it." He reassured, earning a teary nod from Alex as they sat back to look over the city.

"So, is there a guy you like?" He teased after the boy dried his tears, aiming to lighten up the mood slightly. He smirked as Alex's cheeks were tinged pink, his blushing a clear sign he had someone in mind. "Ooooh, go on, spill the tea as all the juniors call it." He chuckled, batting him friendlily on the arm.

Alex rolled his eyes, shaking his head in jest. "Firstly you're only a year older than the juniors, not a 50 year old man." Alex mocked. "Secondly, maybe, but it's so stupid, I don't even know if he's gay and even if he was, he wouldn't go for me." He ran his hand through his hair, flinching as he traced his fingers over his scar. He was weird and broken, no one would love him like that.

"Hey, cut this negative bullshit, you're a catch man, anyone would be lucky to have you." Tony asserted, his arm resting across his shoulders. "Tell uncle Tony, he's a good match maker!" He winked at him cheekily.

"Yeah I'm definitely a catch if he's into the scrawny and broken." Alex joked darkly, kicking the grass with his good foot. "He's on the football team okay, now do you see my point, it's never going to happen." He huffed.

"Ohhh so you have a thing for Charlie St. George." Tony chuckled, nodding his head in confidence as Alex appeared wide eyed and dumbstruck in response.

"How did you know?" Alex was shocked, stifling a giggle and a gasp as he continued. "Oh my god Tony please don't tell him."

"I've seen the way you look at him." Tony grinned. His brow furrowed and he looked deep in thought as Alex hit his arm. "You know what? I've seen the way he looks at you too." He put his index finger to his lips, his mind spinning with possibilities.

"You know what, Clay's right, you're totally an unhelpful Yoda." Alex stressed, shaking his head. "You really think he might like me too?" He questioned nervously, locking eyes with the boy who had a mischievous look on his face.

"Just be at the find your drink party tonight okay?" He winked, laying a friendly hand on his knee.

"What are you? Cupid?" Alex snorted, head in his hands as he inaudibly chuckled. "There's no way I'm going to talk to him about this, I will literally die from embarrassment." He huffed as the two proceeded to stand.

"I have much better style than Cupid." Tony joked, pointing at the leather jacket twisted around his waist. "Leave it to me Lex, I won't let you down."
.
.
It was five hours later and the find your drink party was in full spin. Alex had ridden with Zach, nervously fidgeting in his car for the entire journey. He felt sick to his stomach, constantly taking small anxiety ridden breaths to calm himself. Tony had refused to tell him his plan, so in order to avoid all social interaction and embarrassment he'd found himself a quiet cinema room in this extortionately priced house, and proceeded to curl up against the sofa with his eyes on the TV, anything to take his mind off this god awful night.

"Hey." He was thrown out of his thoughts as he heard a hushed voice creep behind him. His head sprung round, his eyes widening as he gulped back the instantaneous lump in his throat. Charlie St. George was behind him, his sweet and innocent crush, nervously twiddling a bag of cookies in his hands.

"Hey." Alex mumbled, softly curling his lips as he begged to swallow back his nerves. "I see you found the anti-social corner of this party." He tried to joke, but it came out as more of a breathy stutter, causing Alex to flush slightly.

"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting, I just, well, Tony told me to check out this room, said it was like a mini cinema or something." The younger boy's gaze was now on the large screen before him, It's A Wonderful Life playing almost inaudibly in the background.

Alex could have cursed Tony, this was undoubtedly one of the most embarrassing encounters of his current existence. He didn't know what to do, so he approached the situation  like he always did, with awkward kindness.

"N-No, no, of course not, join me if you'd like." He encouraged, patting the seat next to him. "We can both hide from the party together." His nervous laugh made Charlie smile, the younger boy looking up at the screen with wide eyes as he sat.

"That's one hell of a big TV." He muttered, pulling the bag of cookies into his lap. "Want a special cookie?" He offered, sensing the other boy's anxiety. "I can tell this party isn't your kind of thing." He chuckled, a friendly hand resting itself of Alex's shoulder.

Alex's breath hitched. He could have flinched as soon as they made contact, but he kept his composure, a sarcastic grin spreading across his  face. "How could you tell, it's not like I'm sat in a dark room on my own." He teased, gratefully taking a cookie from Charlie's bag.

"What are you? Like a baker or something?" His eyes widened as he bit into the gooey treat. "These are so good Charlie." He nodded, using his tongue to pick out the chocolate bits between his teeth.

"Yeah, I had to learn." The boy replied, sadly sighing at the ground. "My mum died when I was young, I used to make her these to get through chemo." He watched Alex's demeanour fall, his eyes comforting as he lightly rested his hand on Charlie's. Charlie felt his heart race, his own face flushing, but he didn't dare show it, Alex didn't like him like that.

"I'm so sorry, Jesus Charlie are you okay?" Alex asked, his own mind boggled at his sudden hand  on hand contact. What was he doing, what if Charlie found it weird? He tried his best to appear comforting, pleasantly surprised as Charlie's fingers intertwined with his, his expression hopeful as he nodded his head.

"It's okay." He whispered. "Well, it's not okay, but it's okay that it's not okay." He felt like he was rambling, he couldn't think. He was holding Alex Standall's hand. "I'm sorry that sounds so weird, do you get what I mean?"

"No, no, I totally get it." Alex reassured, his own eyes locking with Charlie's sad ones. "I wish I could be okay with not being okay." He huffed inaudibly, shaking his head at the mere thought of it. He was permanently broken, and he knew Charlie understood that.

"Hey, hey." Charlie quickly intervened, turning to face him as he grabbed his other hand. "You will be." He insisted, pursing his lips as the pair locked eyes. "You deserve to be happy Alex, you know that right?"

Alex shook his head, gazing down at their hands, now gently intertwined, their knees touching, their breaths both hitching as they sat comfortably in silence. They were staring at each other, Charlie consumed by Alex's calming blue orbs in their soft and comforting setting.

"Do you think there really is such a thing as a wonderful life?" Alex cast his eyes back on the screen, he felt shy, the moment they had just shared felt intense.

"I think so, yeah." Charlie's heart shined with positivity, his back relaxing against the sofa as they felt the strength of the cookies start to take effect. "I think it's more about the moments, and making sure you seize them." His words prompted Alex to turn his head back towards him, his gaze mirroring Charlie's as he looked from his lips to his beautiful blues.

He was beautiful, bright and hopeful like a breath of fresh air.

"Seize the moment hey?" Alex mumbled, swallowing the tension in his throat. He watched Charlie bite his lip, the boy's breathing slightly heavier, his heart quickened as their faces naturally grew closer, Charlie's breath warm on Alex's cheek.

"Seize the moment." Charlie whispered, his hand looping itself around Alex's cheek, caressing it slightly as their foreheads gently touched. Alex felt the electricity, the way the world suddenly seemed so small, as if he and Charlie were the only characters in it. He leaned forward, tentatively pressing his lips to Charlie's, his nerves fading as Charlie kissed back, a sweetly simple moment as their tongues twisted together as if they were a jigsaw puzzle, the first  piece placed in the creation of a new picture.

A picture Alex could see so brightly.

As a gentle kiss turned into the make out session both the boys had been hoping for, they failed to notice Tony, the modern day Cupid, peaking through the slit of the door.

"Not so much of an unhelpful Yoda now, am I?" He chuckled to himself, a smile forming as he finally saw the boys happy.