𝟭𝟱. let's end this (part one)

Start from the beginning

"Speaking of Leo?" Ryan pondered.

"I sent him our GPS coordinates. He's on his way from Mech X3 to help with repairs." Natalie assured.

"Good. Ok, I'm out of here. I'm heading to Harper's to save mom." Ryan declared as he began packing his bag with gravity pucks.

"Right now?" Harris questioned.

"Because that worked out so well the last time. We almost lost the robot." Mark pointed out.

"I don't need the robot to save mom, ok! I have a power." Ryan said before walking over to the hatch in the floor. Just as the boy reached for the handle, Mark placed his foot over to stop Ryan.

"Out of my way." Ryan demanded in annoyance but Mark wouldn't even budge.

"Dude, move or I will move you!" Ryan threatened.

"You're not going. You're the only one who can pilot this robot." Mark pointed out.

"Ry, Mark is right. If the military finds us, the robot will have to make another run for it. You can't leave!" Harris explained and Ryan sighed as he knew that the boy was right.

"I'll take the tech and get mom." Mark said and grabbed the bag from Ryan.

"And I'll go too, I know that place like the back of my perfectly moisturized hand." Harris said and grabbed his sweater from his chair.

"You? I kinda saw this as a solo Mark Walker thing. No offence." Mark explained.

"Some taken." Harris said, kinda hurt.

"I'll go as well. You're gonna need someone, who's not flabby and weak. Again, no offence Harris but just look at you." Hana pointed out, poking fun at the fact that the boy was not in good shape.

"Some taken." Harris said, kinda hurt again. He never expected to be taunted like this.

"I'll take Hana but not Harris." Mark declared.

"Dude, just...You need him. He's been working there every day after school since he won the Harper Grant. He knows the layout." Ryan explained to convince the senior. Mark sighed as he finally gave in to his brother's pleas to bring Harris along.

"Fine, I'll take him too." Mark sighed.

"Be careful, guys." Natalie warned.

"Don't worry, we will." Mark assured. The three teens then walked over to the elevator. Just as they were about to get in, Ryan quickly called his brother.

"Hey, Mark!" Ryan called. Mark immediately turned towards the boy.

"Bring her home." Ryan said and Mark nodded.

"Good luck, guys." Natalie encouraged. They all sent the girl a smile before getting into the elevator. They were gone within a few seconds. This just left Ryan, Spyder and Natalie in the robot.

"Come on, let's go check the damage report." Ryan suggested. They all ran over to Spyder's desk to check out the robot on his system. Ryan hit a few buttons to load the report up and the alarm went off.

"Uh, oh." Spyder panicked.

"Yeah, that's not good." Ryan agreed.

"That definitely doesn't." Natalie nodded.

The three teens then ran over to the hatch that lead  down to the lounge room to see what was wrong. "Go, go, go." Ryan rushed as Spyder went down the ladder in the hatch. The boy then helped Natalie down, which made both teens blush intensely. Ryan was the last one to come down.