End of the Road, Part 2

Começar do início

Michael

"Stay back, this is an active crime scene!" An officer directs the crowd who has formed outside Kendra's trailer. The crowd, not unfamiliar to me, they're her cast mates, people she knew well enough on set and all of them held looks of concern behind the police tape.

Calling Sean proved to be the right thing. It only took a few hours and a few more calls before he came to the same realization I did. Marc had returned and got her.

Kendra didn't cross too many people in her short time of knowing me, except Marc. Now where he took her? We still didn't know and it was enough to send me into a tailspin.

"I should've given her more security or at least put some by her trailer, I mean I-" I went through everything in my head, looking through her trailer was enough to make me sick to my stomach. Broken glass littered the floor, Kendra's makeup among other things were smashed as well.

Just thinking of what happened here...I can't, I just can't think the worst right now. But I am.

"Michael, man, I don't see the point in blaming yourself right now. No one would have known. You did your best, both of you and that's good enough."

"Then why doesn't it feel like it is? God, who knows what that psycho is doing to her!"

"Michael, keep it together. We're gonna find her soon, I promise."

"Detective?" An Officer in uniform steps inside the small space of the trailer. "I found the security footage you requested. You're lucky, cameras were stationed all over this place."

"Why wouldn't there be?" I let out my frustration slip, to which Sean lightly hit me in the arm. He takes the tape from the officer, thanking him before placing the tape in the VCR of Kendra's personal TV.

The grainy, black and white footage cycles through the last couple of hours. Set assistants and other personnel running back and forth in the early afternoon. Occasionally, Kendra is among them, running over lines or sitting outside her trailer.

All seems ordinary until the early evening. A man dressed in all black enters Kendra's trailer but she isn't there.

Marc waited for her.

By the latter part of this evening is when the footage cuts. Just after Kendra is forcefully pulled into her trailer. The next part corroborates what Sheila told me on the phone.

Marc, acting uncharacteristically panicked, runs out of her trailer, which brings Sheila into the frame. She was, of course, none the wiser on what was really going on. I can't bear to look anymore at the sight of Marc carrying Kendra's limp body in his arms.

"Wait a minute," Sean pauses the footage.

"What did you see?"

"That's Kendra's car, right?"

I look to where Sean is fixating his eyes. In the corner of the frame, just barely is Kendra's Jeep. The same Jeep which Marc puts her in.

"Yeah. I know her plate numbers. It's definitely hers."

"He slipped up, big time," Sean looks triumphant, pulling out a walkie-talkie. He goes into detail about her car, putting out an APB in good radius from here.