"Hey, Jane...I think I'll go...see you later." I mumbled and left the bathroom going in the direction of dorms when suddenly someone bumped into me. It was Carlos.

"We need to stop meeting like this," Carlos said with a laugh and I laughed along. Just because why not. But I guess it was kinda forced because Carlos looked at me weirdly. "Is everything okay?" He asked slightly concerned. 

"Oh um...it's nothing," He gave me a look telling me to spill the truth. Is it that easy to read through me? "Alright...I guess I am kinda sad..." Does this sound whiny? Am I whiny? Oh, hats what's going on? 

"Why?" He asked, his hand taking mine sending small sparks up my arm. 

"Um...I found the first friend in Jane and well now it seems that Mal is a better friend than I'll ever be to her," I said kind of sadly. I never even realized I liked Jane that much...honestly, we just became friends today, maybe it is the fact that she is the only friend that I ever had. I looked away from Carlos not wanting him to see me like that. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder making me look back at him. 

"I am your friend too," He said with a smile causing me to smile back.

"Thanks, Carlos," I suddenly did something new that I had never done before. It was completely spontaneous but I just hugged him. Taking both of us by surprise. Which surprised me, even more, was the fact that Carlos hugged me back tighter. 

"Anytime," He said a slight blush lining his cheeks. He coughed awkwardly and scratched the back of his neck. "Hey, um...I saw you at the cheerleader practice today. You were really good," I blushed at Carlos's praise. I was never praised for my talents. No one usually freaks about them much in Wonderland they just take it as part of yourself and that it isn't really anything special that you can do it. It's just something you were designed to do. No one sees the work behind it, they never did. 

"Thank you, Carlos. I saw you at the tourney training as well. You seemed a bit lost, no offense." I said the last part quickly hoping he wasn't offended by my comment. Why do I even care if I offended him in the first place? 

"Yea, well, it can't really offend me since it was true. I am actually heading back to the field. Ben is supposed to help me work on this whole sports thing. Never was really good at it, to be honest," He seemed a bit sad when saying he wasn't good at sports. Even in Wonderland boys are naturally good at sports. Even Cavan and that is something since he is a bookworm. 

"But you do have some potential," I assured him my hand finding its place on his shoulder as a sign of support. He looked at me with hope-filled eyes. 

"You mean it?" 

"Of course I do...don't worry it's not any Wonderland trick or anything," I assured him with a laugh to which he soon joined. 

"Hey...um...maybe you could come with me...you know as support?" Carlos asked with an embarrassed smile on his cute freckled face. It was so hard to say no. But I didn't have a reason why to decline in the first place. 

"Yeah, sure." 

"Yeah? Awesome," He grabbed my hand eagerly sending sparks flying up my arms making my cheeks heat up as he dragged me towards the direction of the tourney field. 

At first, I thought that coming here to support Carlos was a good idea and so far it was just great. I was standing next to Ben and Carlos was about to do some sprints which I was curious to see. He seemed like a good runner before. But even before Ben could blow the whistle Carlos started sprinting towards us screaming.

"Uh oh," I whispered to myself knowing that Carlos didn't just sprint away for nothing but then I noticed why he was running. A DOG!

"Sweet!" Ben cheered when Carlos raced past us. And I followed scared that the vicious animal will tear me apart. I raced into the woods, Carlos long out of my sight until I was abruptly grabbed by someone and pulled to the side.