Personal Space

Depuis le début

I noticed myself blushing wildly as I read through the page one more time just to be sure I wasn't missing anything. Then I flipped the pages back a little. They were all about the times when we hung out together and how much he liked me. This made me smile until I heard a gasp coming from the doorway.

It was Army, and he had caught me reading through his diary.

I just stared back at him. I had no plan of what to do if he had come in...

"So you needed soap?!" Army yelled at me as he took his dairy from my hands.

"I-I was looking for soap but then I came across—" Aloha got cut off my Army again.

"I DON'T CARE! DON'T YOU HAVE COMMON SENSE!? YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE THINGS THAT AREN'T YOURS!" he yelled on the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry Army... I dunno what I was thinking..." I almost whispered.

Army didn't answer he just stormed out of the room, dairy in hand. I swallowed. I really didn't want to mess things up with Army right now, or ever.

I had never seen Army cry before, not that I ever expected to. I always knew he was very sensitive but he did a good job hiding it.

I felt awful. Why did I do that!? I scolded myself.

(Army's P.O.V)

I knew I couldn't let Aloha see me cry so I held it back as hard as I could, but I failed. I honestly thought Aloha would have sense and not read through my diary. But then I wondered what I would do if I saw Aloha with a dairy. Would I read it? Yes.

I realized then that maybe I had been a little unfair to Aloha. I saw him standing a little ways away from me. He seemed really ashamed of himself. I sighed. I didn't really mean to yell, but, in the moment, I was just so furious.

I turned to apologize but he was already letting himself out the door. He walked down the stairs of the complex and headed home. I felt a knot well up in my stomach and I sighed deeply.

He was already gone. But I can talk to him tomorrow, right?

(Aloha's P.O.V)

As I walked back home every thought in my brain told me to go back and apologize again. But I knew Army didn't want to talk to me. So I just kept walking. I pulled my Golf Visor down a bit so that no one would question why I looked so down. But it failed.

I came across my team on the way back. They obviously could tell I was upset.

"Hey, Aloha! Whoa, are you okay?" Diver asked.

"Yeah, you look a little down," Straw added.

"I'm honestly fine guys," I lied.

"Aloha, don't lie to us," Octoglasses shook her head, "What's up with you?"

That's when I got angry.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I rudely answered.

At that, I walked past them and headed home more quickly this time. I was relieved when I saw my apartment close by but not happy when I saw my team following me. I decided to run. I didn't want to talk to anyone about what happened. I quickly ran up the stairs to my apartment room and unlocked the door as fast as I could. Locking it behind me, I curled into a ball on the couch and sighed.

"Aloha!!?" my team shouted as one of them knocked on the door.

"I said, I don't wanna talk," I growled.

"Yeah, but something is bothering you, Aloha. We can tell," Diver replied.

"Yeah, well, stay out of it!" I yelled.

I heard Straw whisper something to the rest of my team and they soon headed off. I heard the sound of their feet thumping down the stairs as they left.

I was happy they were leaving but not so happy with myself for shutting them out like that. I decided to try to text Army to get the situation off my mind.

(Army's P.O.V)

I was on the couch drinking soda to ease my sadness, slouching in my sitting position. Yeah, some Cola--despite the tons of sugar in it--always made me feel better. I perked up as I heard a *buzz* from my phone. I picked it up seeing it was Aloha. I wondered whether to read it or not. I ended up doing it anyway.

Aloha: Hey, Army, I know that you are probably still mad n' all that, but I hope you have a good night. Also, don't mind responding. I know you probably won't, and that's fine. Again, I'm sorry.

Aloha wasn't right. I did want to talk to him, but I just didn't know what to say. 'Apology accepted', 'it's okay', or just to not respond. Finally, I went with:

Army: I know it's not exactly your fault. I should be the one apologizing. Sorry for yelling.

I pressed 'send' and waited for his response.

Aloha: c:

I sighed in relief and even though it was only 5:00, I drifted off to sleep.

.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.

Another CRINGE! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it at some point!

StupidOofies~