"After college Susie and I took a big leap and decided we wanted to get married. She said we both were only twenty-two and it was a big decision but I was so in love with her that I didn't even think about it."

"I moved in with her and we lived together for some time. We got married recklessly. There were some things we did and some decisions we made that I regret till today. And then we got divorced. I'll spare you the details of why and how and all."

"How does this have anything to do with Noah?" I was confused.

"Not all that tempts your wandering eyes and heedless hearts is lawful prize Amber, not all that glitters is gold."

"Look I don't even meet Noah anymore so there's no point of warning me also what was that girl's last name?"

"Oh, it was Susie Wilson, she lives in Alabama if I'm not wrong," he said laughing.

"Ambs, in the end it's your life and your decision. I can't make any choice for you, but I just want to let you know that you can always right your wrongs. You have time Amber, think about it."

"Thanks dad," I said as he got up to leave but inside, I knew that I couldn't stay away from Noah. He was the only thing in this dark and deranged world that kept me from spiralling into a train of depressing thoughts. He was the only thing that kept me from going insane. I reached for my phone under my pillow and texted Noah saying, "Sorry my dad came..." He wasn't active so I kept my phone on my nightstand and wrote in my journal. I fell asleep shortly after that.

I wake up pretty late and do my normal morning routine. I had overslept yesterday, probably because of all the weariness and fatigue from yesterday evening. I eat breakfast and observe that my mom and dad did seem a bit more distant than usual. All meals went on mostly silently with just a few comments to not make it so awkward. After all the boring work and house chores, I unlock my phone and see more than five notifications at different times from Noah:

Ambsssss

Are you awake?????

Helloooo

Wake up sleepy head!

It's past 9!

How much do you sleep?

Okay, it is now half past ten, what are you doing!

And the most recent message:

Okay, I give up...

I smile seeing his excitement and I reply back:

I'm up. Why so impatient?

He replies a second later,

Meet me at the park.

I tell my mom I'm going for a walk again and she doesn't ask any other questions. I walk as quickly as my drowsy legs can take me and see Noah was already there. He looked like he'd been waiting for a long time.

"Finally, you came, I've been waiting here since ten," he says as he gets up from the swing he'd been sitting on.

"Hello to you too," I say smiling.

"So, what's up with the eager wait and anxious texts?" I ask.

"Only one way to find out," he says, giving me his hand and I take it. We walk in silence. I could hear the faint chirping of birds, and see the glittering sun rays spread various hues of shiny silvers and golds.

"I don't have much time though," I say after about two minutes of just observing nature.

"Parents?" he asks as he bends down to pick up a fallen flower.