Chapter Thirteen

"You and Lisa aren't going to be here on Saturday Grampa ".
"Nope, me and Lisa have a prior engagement for the whole weekend".
"What, but I'm off to New York  tomorrow who will watch Katie and Georgie".
"Well you didn't ask us and this is the first we've heard about you going tomorrow, you were talking about it but didn't say when. There your children Lou so it's your problem, I'm  sorry".

Amy heard a Taxi and watched from her window,  she saw lou come out with her bags , katie obviously didn't want her to go the way she was clinging on,  Georgie looked a typical teenager with anger on her face , Lou kissed and hugged Katie and as she went to move to Georgie she said something, turned and walked back into the house. Lou's face dropped as she realised that her daughter's didn't want her to go. But Lou turned and got into the Taxi and drove off.
Amy thought of Ty and he left her just like that. But who was watching them.
Just as Lou was about to leave she saw Jade turn up, That's not a good idea, what's Lou thinking, then again it's Business first with her, Amy shook her head from side to side thinking that Lou must be desperate, but it wasn't her problem.
Amy started packing up the Loft, after an hour her phone rang, she looked and saw it was Grampa so she ignored it, she knew what he was going to ask and didn't have the time to babysit, grandpa obviously thought that Jade watching them wasn't a good idea either.
Mitch turned up to help Amy start loading the Trailers,  if she was ready by tomorrow (Friday) she was leaving, to hell with Saturday. By 3pm everything was packed except for her bed and Lyndy's cot and of course Spartan n Harley.
She asked mitch for help tomorrow morning to load the bed and Lyndys cot. She could sort out the horses.
Mitch said he'd love to help so Amy told him she was leaving Heartland tomorrow, she put her new phone number and her address on a piece of paper and told him not to lose it, she thanked him for his help and told him she'd see him in the morning, mitch then hands her his phone number.   See you in the morning Amy, mitch says and walks out the Loft.
Later Amy's goes down to the Barn while Lyndy's asleep and loads all the tack for Spartan and Harley including the Miracle Girl Saddle which she intends to modify and see's Ty's bike in the Trailer too. She walks back into the Barn to check on the horses and walks straight into her father. She can tell just by looking at him that he's been drinking.
"What are you doing here,  your not even supposed to be on Heartland soil let alone anywhere near me, so please leave dad.
"What's going on, are you leaving ".
"Yes Dad, I'm going to start a new life. I've lost Ty and with everything that's been going on with you trying to control me since you came back into my life, I've had enough,  you've been using me all these years, fixing your horses for free or trying to see how much money you can make off me. Lou was there for me as a sister but she's a selfish bitch like you, money comes before family. As for Grampa , well he did okay except he was too protective which caused me problems later on. Now get out".
Amy notices something in his hand just before she feels excruciating pain erupting from the side of her head, then the other side of her head which makes everything spin and she hits the floor, Amy puts her hands to her face and can feel warm sticky stuff, then another blow hits her and another,  then everything goes black. She's not completely out but can feel the blows hitting her body and head then darkness took over.
Mitch is about to go when he sees Tim's Truck, he phones Jack asking him if he's seen Amy today as Tim's Truck is parked out the way, as he approaches the Barn from the rear he sees Tim with a metal bar in his hand and Amy's bloody body on the floor. Jack you still there.
Yep.
Call an Ambulance, Tims just beat the crap out of her with a metal bar.
Mitch grabs a piece of wood from outside and hits tim over the head knocking him out, he grabs some bailing twine and ties his hands behind his back Just as Jack and Lisa come in.
"AMY!!!!". Lisa screams as she sees all the blood pouring from her head,  Lisa runs upstairs but cant find Towels as Amy's packed everything up. She runs back downstairs asking Mitch where the boxes are so he shows her. Thankfully there in the first box she opens.
Lisa runs back in and gently wraps Amy's head, 5 minutes later the ambulance arrives along with the RCMP who arrest Tim.
Mitch is shocked by what he sees and understands why Amy was leaving.
He just hoped that she'll survive this brutal attack by her drunk father.
While the crew is trying to help Amy and keep her stable Jack starts to phone Lou, he asks the EMT how she is and he looks at Jack saying she's in Critical condition.
"This is Lou's voicemail please leave a message after the tone".
" Errrr, Lou I've got some bad news, you'd better sit down. Your dad turned up hiding his truck and as Drunk as a skunk , He's nearly killed your sister Lou, Amy's Critical,  he beat her round the head and body with a length of Rebar".

Lisa heard Lyndy crying and ran upstairs to the Loft.
The EMT'S were able to get Amy stabilised and  then rushed her to hospital with a police escort.

To be continued