𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay? Do you want more pillows for your back or leg? There are blood bags in the refrigerator if you want some?" Edward quickly asked her in concern as he was caressing her hair.

"No...." Bella trails off not comprehending what he just said as one important thing came in mind. "Where's my Aunt? Is she okay?" Bella hesitantly asks in concern.

"She's fine, my Love. She's in the other room resting, she hasn't woken up since we came to the hotel," he softly informs her.

The painful memory of James biting her Aunt on the wrist daunted on her. "Her wrist—"

"Carlisle took the venom out of her before she could transition. She's human," Edward quickly explains.

Bella let out a sigh of relief. Her Aunt is still human and normal. Bella's glad that choice wasn't forced upon her Aunt. One of the worst things in life is where we don't have a choice when it concerns our life, having that right being taken away from you. Even though Lena and Bella never had the conversation, since there was no need to, about the future. Especially now that Bella not only contains venom, meaning she could turn humans into vampires but the fact that she's immortal. Bella's not even ready to have that conversation with her. She could only imagine the reaction her Aunt would have.

"But, the scar that...." Edward closed his eyes shut at the mention of James. "The scar he left on her is permitted."

Bella wasn't surprised by this. She had an idea that the bite wound wasn't going to easily heal overtime.

Bella let out another heavy sigh in distress. "Edward, I'm sorry —"

"Shhh," he shushed her as he continues to caress her hair. "Everything's all right now. What matters is that you're alive and here with me."

Bella shook her head. "No, it's not fine. I ran away and I can't imagine what your or the others' reaction was when I left, but he took my Aunt. That was all that mattered to me. I knew that I had to do something."

Even if it costed my life.

"Why didn't you tell Alice and Jasper? We could've saved your Aunt and..." He took a deep breath. "I almost lost you, Bella. I was almost too late," his voice was tormented.

"He said he would hurt my Aunt if I told you or anyone. I had to play it safe," Bella explains. Bella feels extremely guilty that she had to put him through that, but she doesn't regret her decision. Bella would do anything for her Aunt and her life was in danger. She would do it again, no matter the cost.

"I can't live in a world where you don't exist, Arabella. I couldn't bear it," Edward states in a depressed tone.

Bella slowly reaches her hand and caress his cheek, he places his hand on top of hers and leans into her touch. He let out a content sigh.

"I'm here now," Bella whispers.

Edward only nodded as he closes his eyes, trying to hide the pain in his eyes from Bella.

"How bad was I?" Bella asked quietly, knowing he would hear.

"You have a broken leg, four broken ribs, some cracks in your skull, bruises covering every inch of your skin, and you've lost a lot of blood."

It was much worse than she thought.

"But, the majority of your injuries have already healed or are almost healed. Like your bruises, but your other injuries are slowly healing like your leg and ribs."

"I'm sorry," Bella didn't know why she apologizes, it felt like she needed to.

He raised his eyes to the ceiling. "Of all the things to apologize for."