4.

"Wait can you repeat what you just told me" Scott's perplexed voice sounds through the phone, I can so imagine the confused frown he is directing at whatever object is closest to him. 

'Derek is forcing me to clean his car' I say slowly, finding it hard to get the words out from my mouth. Scott barks out a laugh at that, causing a very unpleasant crackling noise to erupt right beside my ear. 

'How can he be forcing you, I know you Stiles if you don't want to do something you won't' Scott says through chuckles, I find myself incredibly irritated at his happiness. 

"Scott you know Derek, he wants to kill me all the time" I say pleadingly, sticking my phone onto my shoulder as I slip into my shorts. 

'I reckon he likes you more than he does me' Scott replies, followed by sounds of waves crashing and everyone having the best summer ever. Note to self, don't call Scott when lonely and he is on vacation with his gorgeous girlfriend. 

'That would be because you never listen to his advice, and wind up nearly getting him killed all the time. If I were him, you'd piss me off majorly too Scotty.' I say ignoring his incline of offended breath 'Anyway at least that's all he dislikes you for, he dislikes me for being myself. Little harder to chew' I grunt out as I attempt to slip into my still tightly knotted shoes. 

'Well that blows man, I wish you were here its totally awesome. And Allison and I were given our own room, last night we ran and a bath and then..' Scott spoke dreamily, I knew exactly where this was headed. 

'No more Scott, Jesus I don't need to hear every detail of your amazing sex life. I gotta go anyway, Erica wants me to meet her at the devils house, to paint her section of the house apparently' 

'Erica Reyes?' Scott questions, sounded genuinely stunned, the confidence he gives me. 

'Yes Erica Reyes, what other bloody Erica do you know?' I spit back, I can totally be friends with Erica without it being an anomaly. 

'Huh good for you man, anyway I have to go. Allison just came out in this smoking hot bikini' 

'Again Scott way too much fucking information' I respond, pulling the phone away from my shoulder and quickly hitting hang up. 

Erica Reyes: Hurry up loser, I'm so bored all Derek does is read and work out. The working out I can live with, the reading makes me uncomfortable

I can't help the laugh that slips out as I let her know I am on my way, to save her from the clinically grumpy reading werewolf. 

*

Knowing that Derek and Erica heard me pull up, I decided to myself that that means no governing rules of manners exist for me. So instead of knocking like a nice boy, I jump up the entry stairs and kick open the door yelling 

"Honey I'm home!' I love the way my voice echoed off every surface of the house, no doubt trapping Derek into his worst nightmare. 

I rounded the hallway to the living room, laughing when I see Derek sitting on a rocking chair with a book in hand. 

'Man Erica is right you look extremely weird reading. Are you sure you're allowed to do normal things?' I ask him, walking over to him and plucking the book from his grasp. 'Oh and you're reading Pride and Prejudice you absolute sap, hmm is Mr Darcy who you based yourself upon I see the resemblance' 

Derek looks up at me, I didn't quite realise how close I had gotten to him as I now awkwardly stood between his legs. 'You like to think of me as Mr Darcy?' Derek asks me an eyebrow raised, my brain seems to completely shut off, was that..? 

'Oh definitely, you lack the same basic smile movement functions. However I have to say that may be where the similarities dissipate, I can hardly imagine you ever romantically declaring your love for someone' I snark back to him, dropping the book into his lap. 

'You have no idea Stilinski' He replies hand faintly touching the inside of my knee, okay what the fuck. Before I could embarrass myself and actually ask if he was flirting with me, Erica cleared her throat. 

'What the fuck are you two nerds doing, Stiles you're here for me not angry pants' She demands loudly across the room, I shift back quickly. Eyes stuck on Derek, who was smirking at me in the most distracting way. I snap my gaze away from his, before I do something awkward like pop a boner right then and there. 

Turning around I see Erica standing with a paint roller sitting on her shoulder while holding a tub of neon green paint, 'Oh don't worry baby, I'm all yours' I respond sending an exaggerated wink her way. She snorts and motions for me to follow her, which I do. Right before turning down the hall I turn and look back to Derek, now staring intently down at his book, as if nothing out of the ordinary had occurred just before. 

'Did you have a play with yourself before you came here Stilinski?' Erica asks me casually turning into her self declared room. I find myself choking on my own spit. 

'Excuse me? No I did not play with anything before I came here' I quickly deny

'Well then why do you smell so horny, please chill out. You don't want to have sex with me do you?' She asks nonchalantly, playing with her hair. 

'No I do not want to have sex with you Erica' I sputter out, positively becoming more and more embarrassed the longer the conversation continued. I couldn't help but flick my eyes out into the hallway, thinking dreadfully to myself that Derek probably smelt me getting aroused as fuck by his fingers skimming my knee. 

'Oh you naughty boy' She says following my eyes, no Erica can not. Will not. Be the first person to know I am gay, but yet here I am watching the puzzle unsolved in her mind. As she discovers I too, find Derek Hale hot as fuck.