Hector led me outside of the castle and as we exited the doors there were still random people carrying weaponry in their hands as few carried clothing and other cleaning supply. As much as I wanted to ask for the second time where were these people going, I pushed the inquiry aside as Hector continued our conquest to the battlegrounds where their pack members trained, fighting for hell knows what. But to me..this place has a little more personable meaning to me, than that. Such a demanding place it was and it aroused heat in my cheeks.

This is where I had met Julliard.

Boisterous, sun-kissed Julliard, and he was so talented that it wasn't even funny. He had these big sharp eyes that were the greenest of florescent I've ever seen, he made my own set of green eyes resemble the trenches of a murky lake.

The image of him lightly shoving me down into the forestry plane as we sparred shimmered its way into my head until all of my vision had been consumed of him, till I  remembered who killed him, and I grimaced hearing the beta beside me calling out my name.

"You asked what these people are doing," Hector nudged me forward until my feet were planted in front of all of these men who were fighting each other, giving the other lower-ranking wolves instructions, or shifting into their predacious beasts.

Glowering, "I did." but deep down I was regretting I ever asked in the first place. Hector furrowed his eyebrows upon my figure as a chilly wind skippered down my spine making me shudder.

All Hector had to say was, "Assemble," and all fifty of these men were crouching down on their knees with their heads bowed below someone, I thought maybe it was their noble beta who suddenly wasn't standing at my side anymore but instead he joined the crowd of people, getting lost until I could only recognize him by the tresses of his sandy-colored hair. 

"Hector? why are you doing?" I even turned to look behind me in hopes Alexander appeared, their prince, and thats who they grew attentive to.

Oh how wrong I was.

"Our people have been preparing, Vera." Hector deemed it was necessary to arise to his feet taking consecutive steps in my direction as more people in the Prince's pack collectively aligned behind him.

"For what?" I played with my fingernails a little bit longer before I decided to look forward into the sea of wolves who surrounded me.

I saw judgment, curiosity even laced in their sight but no one dared to make a sound under the gaze of my soft inspection. "They're preparing to protect.  Since the day you've arrived, they've trained aggressively in order to protect you with high intentions of keeping you and priorly you, safe."

A veil had been placed over my head as bricks and boulders weighed upon my shoulders. Just as easily as I gawked at them, my line of vision had fallen onto the one person I'd been dreading to see who was now taking slow, maybe hesitant strides towards me.

Her face held a smooth yet modest smile as her ponytail was secured tightly in its ponytail and yet it lolled with each step she anticipated, the beta female.

I could no longer recognize the girl who sassed just about anyone even as a mark glistened on her neck underneath the rays of a beating sun.

"Vera, How've you been?" Mavis asks while shyly her hands fell at her hips. I smile even harder because there wasn't any sense in hiding how much I've missed her.

"I'm fine." I lied casually straight through my teeth, before pulling my best-friend in for a hug.

Her warm skin batted mine and our long-awaited embrace was cut short instantly with the beta, Hector, clearing his throat. My hands left her grasps, while Mavis pulled away simultaneously.