.six.

The remainder of my first week at Forks high went just as quickly as the first day. I hung out with the La Push group once more after Tuesday, on Thursday we went to Emily's for dinner. They continually reassure me that I'm forever welcome there and are apart of their close circle now, which I appreciate, but also have slight confusion towards why I was so quickly adopted into their lives.

I've also been spending more time with the Cullen family, and Alice has invited me over many times, much to her disappointment when I told her I was seeing the La Push guys that day. Jasper tried to jump in and convince me as well and seemed utterly confused when I didn't fall for his charms of persuasion. He must be used to getting what he wants. 

I awoke on Saturday morning after a short sleep in, opening my window and letting the cool Forks air overtake my bedroom. After brushing my teeth and making my bed, I slid on some fluffy socks and sported my pink donut pyjama shorts and white singlet top downstairs for coffee. 

"Morning dad!" I called as I rounded the staircase and skipped into the kitchen. "You want some coffee? This bitch needs a triple today, I swear to fuck, trying to hold conversations with people that have a combined IQ of 47 all week has tired me out. Are you feeling a-oh..." I cut my rant short to see my father sitting at the breakfast table with a, for once, fully clothed Jared.

"Good morning princess. Your friend just stopped around, he said he'd come back later but I told him to wait around for you and have breakfast with me." Dad explained. Jared stood up and made his way over to me and I was suddenly extremely aware of my bare legs and lack of bra, attempting to cover myself up as he moved closer to me in the kitchen. 

"Hey Juliet." he said with a smug smile, clearly picking up on my embarrassment. "Nice pj's," he said with a wink. The heat rose to my cheeks and I looked down, turning away slightly scratching my neck. 

"Can't say the same for you, why are you in my house so early? What's with you guys and showing up unannounced." I resumed my sarcastic front to cover my own humiliation.

"What, we can't come and see our favourite girl when we know she isn't doing anything?" I scoffed in response and pushed away my racing heart at his choice of words.

"Well actually, I have many things to do today. Really busy schedule." he took a step towards me, knowing he could crack my facade if he wanted to.

"Oh is that so?"

"Yep. I'm actually in super high demand..." I trailed off as he took another step, backing me into the corner of the kitchen. 

"What do you have on today then?" he said, knowing I was making it up.

I cleared my throat. "Well I promised Alice I would go over to her house for lunch, and then I have to umm...go for a run, and homework and stuff." I said quickly, noticing his eye twitch slightly at the mention of Alice. 

"Oh well in that case I better let you go and get changed to see Alice. Unless you enjoy wearing donut shorts into Forks most days?" 

I heard a snort from the table and remembered my father was still in the room with us, watching this whole ordeal. I glanced over to see him smirking widely and looking between the two of us, enjoying the show and revelling in my inability to remain cool and collected in front of Jared.