Chapter 6

--------------------------------------------- ✂ ----------------------------------------------

He got dressed, and headed outside. He just wore a checkered green shirt with some jeans because he just couldn't muster the energy to even decide what to choose for his quote on quote, date.

He slid his phone into his pockets and left his house. He ran a hand through his messy red hair, and walked to his destination. He glances around, but everyone seemed to be either huddled in their little houses or somewhere indoors.

It's only logical, seeing that the sky looked like as if it was about to rain.

Just then, his phone suddenly started to buzz and his phone started to chime out its tune. He quickly pull it out only to see Muzan's name; he quickly answered it. "Muzan?" He asks through the phone.

"Hello, are you anywhere near yet?" Tanjiro could hear Muzan's voice over the phone clearly. He glances around, and checks the directions.

"Hm, no, not yet." Tanjiro replied. "I'm almost there." He hurries his pace, afraid that he was making Muzan wait a little too long.

"Right. Meet me at the town square."

Tanjiro hums in responce and hangs up. He glances around, making sure that he was at the right place.

Oh!

Tanjiro spots Muzan in a white fedora and a suit. He beamed, "Muzan!" He waves, catching the older male's attention. Muzan waves back and Tanjiro rushes to him.

Or well-- he was about to-- when his wrist was grabbed.

He turned around in sheer confusion, to Zenitsu grabbing his wrist. "Tanjiro-- Are-- are you seeing that man?"The hurt in his voice was unmistakenably present, but Tanjiro just couldn't understand why--

Why, would he be hurt?

Tanjiro nods, "Ah... well, yeah." He says bluntly, and looks away.

Zentisu feels a pang of sudden jealous hit him square in his heart.

Muzan walks over, "Is this your friend, Tanjiro?" He asks, eyeing Zentisu. Tanjiro easily pulls away from Zentisu's light grasp, and walks over to Muzan, not sparing his ex-boyfriend even as to a glance.

Or he might be hurt all over again.

Tanjiro nods again, "Just--" He sucks in a breath, "Just a friend." He admits as he rubs his wrist, as if he was trying to rub off the mark Zentisu left on his wrist. "Well-- well, we're busy s-so..." He reaches for Muzan's hand, "Let's-- let's just go oh-- okay? Darling?"

Tanjiro asks, giving Muzan's hand a little squeeze out of nervousness. Muzan only nods, and they both walk away from Zentisu without another word.

Only when they're out of sight, is when Tanjiro sighs a breath of relief. "You're so nervous." Muzan jokes, as Tanjiro lets go of his hand, embarassed.

"Sorry... I just--" Tanjiro winces, "It just brings back so much memories just looking at him."

Muzan stifles a laugh, "Now, let's go see the pretty flowers." He says, leading Tanjiro into the large building made of glass that displayed gorgeous flowers, which bloomed. Dispite the gloomy weather and the limited amount of sunlight, the flowers still bloomed prettily.

This, was where Muzan had set up for their date?

Tanjiro couldn't blame him, he couldn't really think of anywhere to set a date up, and honestly, Muzan's probably being a little creative with this one.

Pretty flowers were littered everywhere, but Muzan couldn't help but be attracted to one particular bunch. He laid a hand on Tanjiro's back, catching his attention. "Don't you think this kind of looks like your red hair?" He points.

Tanjiro's head tilt, "Roses?" He snorts, "How cliché." Tanjiro laughs as Muzan kneels down to the flowers.

"Well," He starts, "Cliché, but it's true. It's just as pretty as your hair, never the less." Muzan says, giving Tanjiro a soft glance before turning back to the pretty rose.

Just for a moment-- Tanjiro swears, Tanjiro swears that he saw the glimmer of sunlight shine down apon Muzan, before it vanished.

It was for a mere second-- but Tanjiro saw it. He saw how the whole garden lit up, and the sudden warm feeling that he received. He almost thought that it was a mistake-- and that the sun didn't actually shine...

But how else could he explain the warm feeling?

It was only for a mere moment, but Tanjiro felt it. It's the same feeling that he thought he lost.

--------------------------------------------- ✂ ----------------------------------------------