Chapter 3

--------------------------------------------- ✂ ----------------------------------------------

Tanjiro feels his heart freeze-- no-- it's not pleasant... it was oh so very painful.

The music is loud, but Tanjiro could hear his thoughts clear as day... Run. Tanjiro, run. Was what rang in his head.

He couldn't spare Zentisu and the female another glance.

He turns around and rushes out of the bar, not caring about his drink nor his unbrella. The rain instantly wets his clothes and hair, he drew a shallow breath-- and ran.

He just ran.

He didn't know where he was running to-- nor did he particularly care. He just wanted to get away from Zenitsu-- he just wanted to feel the warmth he never got anymore.

Why is that such a hard wish to grant?

Why is it that the sun never came out from behind those clouds?

All he ever wanted, was the sunlight! He just wanted the warm rays to shine down apon him! Why is that such a hard thing to have?!

Tanjiro couldn't help but notice how much heavier the rain had started to pour down onto him. It was pratically empty on the streets, aside from the occasional passerbys that would spare him a look.

He didn't like it.

It was so cold-- and so-- he felt so lonely. 

This was so much worse than Zenitsu ignoring him.

He was so drenched at this point, Tanjiro couldn't tell if he was crying or was it just the rain that made him so cold. He could hear his desire so clearly now-- the heavy rain nor the splashing of his shoes hitting the puddle managed to silence it.

He just wanted the sunlight to shine on him.

He hated the rain-- he hated it so much. Why did it have to block the sun from shining down on him?

Goodness-- why?

☂☂☂

He stumbles back into his house, gasping shallow breath and jiggling  the door knob only to remember that it was locked. He fumbles for the keys with his numb fingers that felt so cold.

He shoves the door open with the side of his body-- and instantly shutting the door behind him. He tries his very best to blow on his fingers to warm it up.

Goodness, this was never what he wanted. He never wanted this-- this chilling sensation.

He reaches into his pocket to pull out his phone. It was a bit wet, but still operatable. He wipes across the screen with his thumb, trying to get the water off of the screen. When water drips down onto his phone screen, he finally realizes that he was infact-- crying.

He wipes the tears away with his sleeve, and stares at the screen below him. His forces his numbs fingers to type.

ᴢᴇɴɪᴛsᴜ.

ᴢᴇɴᴛɪsᴜ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ.

ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ.

Was what he managed to send before he tosses his phone across over to the empty side of the room in annoyance. The screen cracked.

He was fustrated, sad, and lonely.

He's pissed, but couldn't show it through his words. Instead he sobs. He cries his eyes out until he couldn't anymore. He couldn't bare the thought of Zentisu with someone else... Instead, he picks himself up and drags himself to bed.

He sheds off his jacket and kicks off his shoes.

Tanjiro buries himself in the pillow, letting his hair wet the pillow underneath. He ran out of tears and now... he feels so empty.

Zentisu's heart was given to him, but it was so cold-- Tanjiro didn't like it. But when it was taken from him-- god, he feels so empty.

He pulls the covers up to high until he couldn't see anything anymore.

He just wanted to bury himself.

--------------------------------------------- ✂ ----------------------------------------------