Chapter 2

--------------------------------------------- ✂ ----------------------------------------------

That night, Tanjiro waits outside the bar for Zentisu to show up. He pulls his phone out from his pocket to check the time, 9:05 PM. He glanced around, Zenitsu should be here any time soon but Tanjiro doesn't see him.

He's alone, standing in the middle of the streets with an umbrella perched between his arm and hips, just managing to stay up enough to block the heavy rain.

It was raining hard, and freezing cold. He sighs, watching the warmth from his breath, that's swirling like smoke, quickly disappear.

Goodness, where was Zenitsu?

He pulls his phone out to text him when the door to the bar suddenly opened. "Excuse me, sir," The bartender politely said, "Would you like to step inside? It's freezing outdoors... you can wait inside you know."

Tanjiro only gives a kind laugh, "That is quite alright." He says, "I'm waiting for a special someone."

The bartender nods, but she's a bit uncertain whether to let Tanjiro stay outside or ask for him to step inside again. That is when both Tanjiro and the bartender hear the splashing of someone's footsteps rushing towards them.

"Tanjiro!" Zenitsu rushes to him, "Sorry-- I'm late..." He laughs awkwardly, but Tanjiro doesn't mind.

He smiled sweetly at him.

"That's okay. Let's head inside now, shall we?" He says, stepping into the bar with his identifcation card out for the bartender. She takes it and also accepts Zentisu's.

Tanjiro pats at Zentisu's bright yellow hair, as if he is trying to brush the rain off. Though, he shivers from the chilly feeling, and pulls away, faintly dries his hand on his shirt.

They both wait as she scans them over, and hands them back, nodding with a smile. "You can enter, you're the legal age." She says, stepping back behind her counter where she worked.

Zenitsu was excited, but Tanjiro was more relaxed-- or rather, tired.

They walked to a part where stools stood, and sat down to have a nice drink. "Zenitsu, you don't know how happy I am to see you!" Tanjiro chirps, smiling at him.

Zenitsu chuckles, "I'm sorry about that. I have been really busy the past few days... I promise to spend more time with you." He says nonchalantly as he raise his hand up to get the bartender's attention.

Tanjiro stares as Zenitsu orders something off the menu, and asks for a club soba with a splash of cranberry juice for himself. It's a non-alcoholic drink that the bartender recommended for Tanjiro.

"You seem like you know what to order, Zenitsu. Have you been here before?" He asks, tilting his head a little to the side.

Zenitsu blinks, "No, not really," He shakes his head in denial, "I just heard what to order from others who have been to the bar themselves." He explains, and Tanjiro nods.

No sooner, the drinks arrived. Tanjiro didn't particularly enjoy his drink-- it was good, yeah, the flavors are amazing-- but he just didn't enjoy the drink being so cold. Never the less, he still drank it.

Zenitsu took his first sip, and nods, as if he was really enjoying it.

Tanjiro smiles as he watch Zenitsu takes the sip. He just likes to stare at Zenitsu in general-- He's pretty, kind, and so very awesome. Aside from the part when he works so much that he doesn't have any time for Tanjiro.

Ah, but you aren't supposed to judge someone just by such a simple thing, right?

Very soon, Zenitsu's drunk.

He's never been very good at handling alcohol in any way, but still consumes it for some reason. Tanjiro isn't very good at handling these drinks either, so that's why he didn't order a drink with alcohol.

Zenitsu slurs his words, and his vision soon become hazy and uneven. His face is a little red, and Tanjiro reach a hand to feel his soft skin.

It's not a fever, no, it's just one of the side affects of being drunk.

Zenitsu stands up abruptly and explains that he need to use the rest room. "Do you know where to go?" Tanjiro asks over the music but Zenitsu doesn't reply and instead stumbles off.

Tanjiro gets a bit more worried by every passing minute when he doesn't return back.

Did he slip? Did he get in trouble? Is he okay...? Tanjiro mentally asks himself, and pushes himself off the stood. He walks around, glancing all around the room but couldn't spot the yellow haired individual.

Huh, where could he have gone to??

He panicks and checks every corner, every door-- but still couldn't spot him.

Just as he's about to head back-- he spots Zenitsu somewhere in the back with someone. A female woman, Tanjiro realizes as he takes a step closer.

Oh but... they're not talking-- they're-- they are...

Oh goodness, they're kissing.

--------------------------------------------- ✂ ----------------------------------------------