11. Edmund, You Have the Sexiest Name On the Planet

Comenzar desde el principio

"He had witnesses twenty-four-seven at the party, and it began in the duration of once. He's squeaky clean." Bitterness was an obvious emotion exerting from his form. His choice of words was interesting enough as I look towards the rose-gold novel with hypnosis on the front.

I open the page before he says, "I won't have you self-hypnotizing yourself, Melanie." He says, holding out his hand.

I roll my eyes, turning back to the book, making it seem as if I'm comfortable with the snake next to me, "I want to see if it would actually work?" I say, turning to the first page.

I knew it wouldn't because my mind wasn't focused on the words as I walked around him, but I still had him in my peripheral vision, waiting to see what he may do. He walks closer to me, and I hold the urge to stiffen when he places a hand on the small of my back. I look up to glare at him in warning as he smiles softly.

"You're about to walk into a lamp. You don't need to be hypnotized currently, Melanie. The book, please?" He says, once again, his voice soft and tender, almost making me gag as I place the book in his hands. He sighs in relief.

"Why did you give it to Lorraine when we first met?" I ask inquisitively. He places the book on the shelf, I watch closely when he places it in a different spot than before.

"To distract her from our conversation, which should have been more private. Her mind was easier to manipulate, I don't believe yours is, but I'm not trying to divert your attention on something else...I want you to be fully mindful during our sessions." He says, looking over to me, his eyes not on my face but lower. I narrow my eyes at his words and his actions. Though, he did not look lustful.

Which would have been easier to remove had I not seen something else in his gaze...a longing that I wished was never there in the first place. He sits on the couch, patting the cushion next to him.

"Have a seat?" He asks it like a question instead of an order or demand.

I do so, but further away from him, "Were you relieved when I caught you?" He asks me, eyes connected to mine. While he was openly contented, mine were masked, something he couldn't seem to tell.

I raise an eyebrow, "My mind was elsewhere, but, sure."

Nothing in my voice made me happy or even thankful that it was him. He doesn't notice.

"Melanie, fear is not a bad thing. It's not something you need to shut out, either. I know, you are a strong, independent woman, but you don't need to be alone in this. I was there. I watched you fall, I heard you. You were scared in that moment. Brushing it off now shows your strength, but I need you to open up. Just a little. How did you feel?" He asks me in a gentle whisper, a dangerous trap.

I look into his eyes. Let's see how good I can act, "It's obvious I was scared, Professor Forthright. The fall was...nerve-wracking, I didn't think it was the end, and you caught me. You're my savior." I say, acting delusional.

He grabs my hand on both of his, "Yes, yes I am. I saved you, not Edmund or anyone else you associate yourself with. I just want you to remember that, my beautiful Melanie." There it was. He was trying to hypnotize me right then and there.

I sigh girlishly, "Yes, you caught me." Too bad my bark is stronger than my bite, though both are lethal, as he cradled my hand in both of his.

He looks dazed, attempting to be beautified. He moves my palm up and draws circles into my skin, I'll be washing my hands at least fifty times after this, "Good, very good. Melanie, you won't remember this, but I have so much to tell you. None of the other girls understood it, but I feel so much more for you than I ever did them." He says to me.