Chpt. 29 Just Calm Down

Start from the beginning

   A clicking of the door sounded as Sans walked out of his room, which pulled me out of my thoughts. He slowly started to walk across the banister and down the stairs. My attention was pulled away from the TV and to Sans as he spoke up. "Heya, bro, do you have any bandages I could use?" He asked as he walked across the living room and to the kitchen. My thoughts ran as I tried remembering if we had any. We never really used them so it was a definite 'no' since monsters were peaceful.

"SORRY BROTHER, BUT NO." I tried yelling the answer to him, since he was in the kitchen wall was between us. "BUT I'M GOING TO UNDYNE'S TONIGHT SO MAYBE I COULD GET SOME WHEN I GO." Sans soon left the kitchen and entered the living room.

   "Thanks, bro." He replayed plainly as he started walking back up the stairs. His room door soon opened and closed once again, locking me away from him. Putting my attention back to Mettaton, he finally took the cake out. The once white batter was nothing but charred black. Smoke kept rising from the 'cake'. Nothing but coughs where audible behind the camera as Mettaton tried frosting the burnt cake. The episode ended with mettaton waving at the camera and a fade out, like usual.

   When another cooking show popped up, the sound of metal scrapping came from Sans' room. The noise wasn't that loud, but soon got annoying. The constant sound of scratching metal was just too annoying. Turning up the volume of the tv I tried my best to drown out the noise. After awhile I just gave up due to the sound of the collar getting louder and louder. Sitting up, I stretched and started texting Undyne that I'm coming over. When the message sent I looked back up to Sans' door and started hollering.

   "SEE YOU LATER, BROTHER. IM OFF TO UNDYNE'S HOUSE!" Without waiting for a response. I left the warm house and entered the cold air from outside. It would be a long walk so I started thinking about things to talk about with Undyne. 'I have to act natural now. If I say anything out of line about Fell, Undyne might catch on.' The snow was crutching underneath me as I made my way to waterfall's area. Snow was barley coming down, just lightly covering me.

   The cave came into view, making me walk faster so my scarf doesn't get filled with melted snow. After a long walk all the way through the rest of Snowdin and Waterfall. The humidity would of been unbearable if I wasn't a skeleton, another great reason for not having skin. The echoing of droplets was the only sound I heard as I got to Undyne's house. The fish shaped house was a big sign that I was at her house, along with the training dummy and random arrows sticking out of the walls of Waterfall. I knocked on the mouth part of the fish house and took a step back. I merge got her favorite present so I had to just pretend I did it on purpose.

   The fish's sharp teeth soon opened with a loud clang. The one-eyed fish monster stood there in her black tank top, dark blue pants, and her long ponytail. Her angelic wings always made her look a little weird, like all monsters, but I got used to them. She allowed me in as she walked to the side. "Hey Papyrus." Her raspy voice escaped her mouth as she talked. I took a few steps inside and jumped a little when the door slammed shut behind me.

   "HOW'S IT GOING UNDYNE! I WAS THINKING WE COULD COOK TOGETHER LIKE WE USED TOO, BUT THAT REALLY IS UP TO YOU." Undyne agreed and starting getting everything prepped up. Of course during this time Undyne was asking about Sans and how she still hasn't found Fell yet, 'wonder why.' The single carrot and tomatoes were lined up on the counter while a pot of water was placed down onto the stove. A box of store bread noodles were laid down near the pot.

"Well, you can start now, Papyrus. Also I'm going over to Alphys' lab later so we can't stay too long." Walking over to the counter I replied with a quick, "OKAY" before I began. Raising my hand up in the air, I clinched it to a fist, ready to attack. My hand soon came down in a quick motion, making a small whoosh sound. Tomato and carrot paste soon splattered over me and the counter. Slamming my fist down onto the counter over and over again I soon got the tomatoes and carrot to a sauce like consistency.

Undyne was on her phone instead of aggressively cheering me on. It was different, but she was probably messaging Alphys or someone. Bringing my attention back to the tomatoes, I quickly moved as much sauce I could to a small bowel which had small fish printed all over it, in a checkered like pattern. Putting it off to the side I slide over to the pot and grabbed onto the box of noodles. I ripped open the box and poured the contents inside the pot. With a quick, circular motion, I started stirring the pot of water and noodles. Reaching my free hand I started cranking up the heat all the way to the right. The fire burners underneath soon got bigger and bigger as the notch was turned.

Undyne soon looked up at me, down at her phone, and quickly right back at me. She jumped up and pushed me aside as she turned down the flames. "I know I usually have you turn the heat up all the way, but I don't want to get my house rebuilt again." She scooped out the noodles and laid it onto an open plate. She handed me a wooden spoon, "You can get the rest finished. I need to leave so just lock up my house when you leave." With a pat on my back, she quickly left with a loud bang as the door closed.

With a shrug I quickly put the sauce onto the spaghetti and started cleaning everything up. Somehow there was paste slowly dripping down from the ceiling. It was quite a hassle as I tried clean up every nook and cranny, making sure there was not a single spec of sauce left. It was just common curtesy. When everything was cleaned my appetite was just gone, so I just placed it in the fridge so Undyne could have it for later. Now I was just left in a noiseless place. Just the occasional water drips on top of the house. It was just boring. I didn't want to mess with anything else in the fish monster's house, so I just quickly left.

The sound of water filled my nonexistent ears as the humidity hit me. River Person was close to here which would help cut down the time to get back home. Without thinking I started my walk towards the river so I could quickly catch a ride to Snowdin. Small water droplets would occasionally drop down and land on me, but I was always used to them when I was with Undyne so it never really bothered me.

(Time skip to snowdin from the river person cause I want to update this chapter quicker)

   I waved my farewell to the driver as they moved along their next destination on the river. The snow crunched under my feet as I made my way closer and closer to the house. Monsters would pass by, which of course I would say hi 'why wouldn't I? A small slowly rose up on my face as the red and green lights reflected off the snow. The mailbox for Sans was still packed with papers as mine laid empty. Giant footsteps were showing him his adventure to Undyne's house, which felt like it happened forever ago. Turning the knob I quietly entered the nice, warm cottage. Snow started melting off the boots as I started walking to my room.

Wet spots were left on the ground as I quickly entered my room. The absence of small foot prints in the snow showed that Sans hasn't left the house yet. which was good. As if on que the noise of someone walking across the banister was barley audible in my room. The front door clicked open and the quickly was shut. 'It's nothing Papyrus,' I tried telling myself, 'he is just getting some food. Just sleep, everything will be okay.' Changing into some sleep wear, I quickly got into bed and shut off the lights. Putting my phone beside my race car bed, I closed my eyes as I tried to make myself fall asleep. Darkness engulfed my vision as noise became silence. My mind drifted off to sleep...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
'Ring!'
...
...
...
...
'Ring!'
...
...
...
'Click'
"Papyrus you need to come over to Alphys' lab right now! She found something in the cameras you need to see!"

(Sorry for being on hiatus for so long. My mind couldn't tell me how I had to do this chapter so the part Papyrus left Undyne's house was really rushed. Have fun with that cliff hanger, can't wait to see what you think is gonna happen! Hope you have a nice day/night! See ya later!)