The Lord and the Rogue

You are Vera, a ranger living in the kingdom of Larion. You have a hunting bow and a quiver of arrows. You have been searching for a mystical beast for 3 months tracking it through the forest. As you crouch behind a clump of trees you see something move, but it's to far to get a clear shot.

 > You move in closer. As you step into the clearing you get a clear shot, but as you do you hear a scream. You turn to see a man being attacked by a large beast, which has broken through the roof of a cottage. 

 > You shoot the beast. You fire an arrow at the creature, hitting the shoulder. The beast lets out a pained shriek before disappearing. 

 > You walk towards the man. "Are you alright?" The man looks at you, before collapsing again. You have been given the option to use a healing potion or a food ration.

 > You use a healing potion. The man moans and opens his eyes. "I'm.. I'm fine." He begins to struggle to get up. "That was the weirdest thing...." He pauses, looking confused. "Where are we?" You have been given the option to tell him what happened, or lie and claim you were tracking an animal.

 > You tell him what happened. You tell him what happened as you hand him the potion. "You were tracking a beast through the forest when you heard me scream. I'm sure you saved my life." You look at the man. He is in his early twenties and is very attractive. You wonder why he was out so far from town. He was wearing decent gear too, not like the half-dressed vagabonds you've seen in the slums. The man looks at you. "You look very tired ranger." He pauses. 

 > You say "what is your name?" You smile. "My name is Vera." He smiles. "It is nice to meet you Vera. I am Charles, but you can just call me Charley if you want. 

 > You say "Okay, Charley. Why are you so far away from town? You don't look like a normal farmer" He laughs. "Oh no. I am not a farmer. I am the lord of this village!" You stare at him. "Lord... lord of the village? But you're young." He sighs. "This is a long story..." You have been given the option to keep questioning him or move on. 

 > You move on. "Sorry about that, I didn't mean to pry." You say. You begin walking away. "Wait!" He says, rushing up to you. "What is it?" He sighs. "My family are all dead." You pause. "I'm sorry to hear that." "Thanks." He pauses. "Can I come with you?" Charley asks. "What?" "I'd like to come with you." "You do realize I'm trying to find a beast that's killing people and razing entire villages right? I don't go anywhere without my bow and a quiver of arrows." "I want to come." You sigh. "Why?" "Because I want to be close to you. 

 > You say "You're lying. Why do you want to come?" He stares at you, his eyes serious. "I want to be close to you." You laugh. "So you can kill me with your bare hands?" "I'd never kill you. 

 > You say "You don't even know me" He pauses. "I know you're an incredibly skilled hunter and that you don't like people following you." You pause. "So? 

 > You sigh. "Fine. Come with me." You say. You walk forward, and Charles hurries to follow. "So how long have you been a lord?" You ask. "A couple months." He says. 

 > You say "How did that happen?" "I became lord because my father died. I didn't want to, but the townsfolk insisted." "Why did they insist? " "My father was the lord of this town for so long, it seemed only natural his son take over. 

 > You say "And you didn't want to?" He laughs. "Of course I didn't want to! But the people wanted a lord, so here I am." You think for a moment. "I think you were born to be a lord." "You seem to have a lot of opinions about me." "I do. I think you were born to rule." He laughs again. "I think you were born to hunt. 

 > You are approaching a mountain. As you get closer to the mountain, you begin to notice something is wrong. It's not that the mountain is in flames, which would be strange. Instead, it just doesn't seem like the mountain should be there.