Chapter 4

As I got into the car I had the churning feeling in my stomach like I had one million butterflies floating around in there. I had a feeling this was a bit rushed into and that I maybe should have said to wait another day. But to be honest I really just wanted to get out of that shit hole and maybe make friends that aren't rats.

"I guess that your basically my daughter now but please don't call me mum, because you will make me feel old," she said chuckiling "but to be honest we haven't really had a real introduction. Well hi, I'm Lindsey. And right now, I don't have a husband or a boyfriend so it will just be you and me, but my best friend Gina just lives around the corner and I basically see her at least once every day, so we will be around there a lot, if that's okay. So how about you? how long have you been in that place for?"

I had guessed that she already knew but was just trying to keep the conversation going.

"Well as you know, I'm Piper and I'm 19, and I have been in that place for 8 years. My parents died in a car accident 9 years ago but no one wanted me because everyone who came in wanted one of the younger kids, just to see them "grow up"." I explained expressing the "grow up" with my fingers.

"Oh," She chuckled "well I'm the complete opposite. I wanted a mature young women that can look after herself because I work and sometimes they make me stay back. I have been looking around all around Melbourne but I haven't found anywhere that has a mature, lovely young women like yourself." Lindsey said smiling warmly as I sent her a smile back.

After Lindsey and I ran out of things to talk about I decided to just rest for a bit, because it was still another half an hour until we got to her home. But instead I drifted off too sleep.

----------

"Honey, Honey? Wake up we are here," I heard a voice calling as I quickly shot up in shock. "woah, woah, it's okay it's just me." Lindsey said chuckling.

As I started to wake up I noticed we were parked in the drive way of a beautiful 2 story house that had a tree with a tree swing hanging from it out the front.

"This is our house now, do you like it?"

"I love it!" I responded.

"Great! Well your room is upstairs to the right at the end of the hall way so once you go inside just throw your stuff in your room. Oh and by the way Gina called me earlier and she wants to meet you so we will go and pick up some Chinese and then we will take it around there, and I also forgot to tell you, she has three sons, Beau, Luke and Jai and they are all around your age so you should get along well."

"Okay no worries" I said smiling.

"Good. We are leaving in 10"

----------

We just got in the car and headed for the Chinese shop to pick up our food. Even though Gina's house and the Chinese shop was only a 10 minute walk Lindsey said it was easier and quicker.

"Lindsey, this has been really rushed through and to be honest I really don't have a clue were we are. I got told no details about you at the orphanage and now I'm very confused on how this day has happened. " I asked.

"Oh of corse! We are in good ol' Glenroy, I have lived here for about 15 years or so now." She responded happily.

"Oh yeah, I've heard mixed things about this place." My mind was spiralling because most of the things I have heard about Glenroy was bad things. But I trust Lindsey and even though I don't know her that well, I know I will soon enough.

But the funny thing is that I feel like I have known her all my life, as in I have met her before or I've seen her. But I just brushed the thought out of my head as she carried on with conversation.

"Ahaha don't worry love, nothing that bad has ever happened here" She said quite chirpy. "We are here so if you could run in and grab the order, it's under Piper, so just ask and they should give it too you, if it's ready that is."

I got out of the car and grabbed the food and then came back to have Lindsey tell me that the boys where carrying on like idiots, because they were hungry.

"okay let's go. The house is 2 minutes away so we will be there shortly." Lindsey explained.

The butterflies were coming back again.