AUDITIONS!

Today I have an audition for Moana so it only makes sense that I make a chapter out of it.

Currently it's an hour before the audition but I'll post this afterward.

So first things first, I'll give y'all 5 tips to help you (and me). I'll probably make another chapter like this because there are so many more things I could say, but let's have a couple for now.

1. Drink LOTS of water
I'm not kidding this is super helpful and it's also healthy because you need water anyway.

2. NO sugary stuff
I was auditioning for Anne a couple years ago and I had Starbucks right before.

You can guess, I didn't get in

You can guess, I didn't get in. Sugar and milk will not make your voice sound terrific.

3. Just keep singing!!
Well not actually swimming obviously, but if you mess up, or stutter, don't freak out! If you keep going strong, and redeem yourself, the director(s) will take that into account and it'll give you a HUGE boost. Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone has the courage to recover. JUST KEEP SINGING! (Or reading lines or dancing)

4. Tell the story
While your singing or speaking lines, tell the story with your tone and body language! This makes you seem more professional and it may sound difficult but all you're really doing is playing make believe!
Think about how the character feels and put that into your singing or speaking. Put some you into it too!

5. Project!
Always sing so te people in the back can hear you. Sing out! Sing loud! Even if the directors are close to you, sing like they're standing a mile away! During an audition, it might not be necessary but it shows the judges that you can sing your song loud enough for the audience to hear without relying on tech!

Welp, its time for my audition. Hasta la pasta.

 Hasta la pasta

ALRIGHT. It's over and I didn't do completely horrible! Hooray! I'll update y'all on that when the callbacks come :)

So that's it for the 5 tips and in the next rant I'll talk about my theater experience (which is actually not that much) and other stuff. Yay!