" Still in operation theatre, in the post operative care. Your parents came just now. " He said sobbing.

" Okay, okay, give the phone to my dad " I said quickly.

" Okay" He said and my dad came in the line.

" Aparna, where are you? " Dad asked.

" I am sorry dad, I am so sorry. I am in Chennai now. Will be there soon. It was all my fault " I started crying.

" Shushhh, it was not your fault. I just want Prerna to come out safe. " He said.

Shiva pointed to the information board, to show that our flight has come in.

" I would be there soon dad. Stay strong. " I said and cut the call.

We walked through the gate and reached the flight. As we both sat on our seats, Shiva caught my hand tight. I rested my head on his shoulder as the flight took off.

" It was not your fault " Shiva murmured in my ear.

I looked straight at him.

" She called me Shiva! Twice! I ignored it. I was an idiot. If I had taken the call, I would have helped her somehow, sent help or did something and she wouldn't be in the state that she is now. I fucking didn't. I can't even believe what I did. "I said.

" You didn't do it intentionally! It was not your fault! Don't put all the blame on yourself. " Shiva said wiping the tears off my cheeks with his fingers.

" Rajiv came home late! The maid was on leave. It just happened. If you are going to blame yourself, then you should blame everyone! Even me! " He said.

" Why you? " I asked.

" Because you would have been with your sister now if I had asked you to go home yesterday" He said with tears in his eyes.

I shook my head and wiped away my tears.

We landed in an hour and ran out of the airport. We took a cab and rushed to the hospital.

We reached the hospital by 5 in the morning. Shiva asked about the directions to the ICU and I walked behind him. The hospital was dead silent.

We took the lift, all the while Shiva was holding my hand tightly.

As we walked to the ICU, I saw Rajiv standing near the wall, my mom and dad sitting on the waiting chair. As soon as mom saw me, she ran to me.

She hugged me and cried.

" Mom, it's okay. Prerna will be okay " I said consoling her.

Shiva was standing near Rajiv.

" I did this to her! " Mom said and cried.

" No mom, It was my fault. " I said.

" Prerna called me yesterday, evening, she told me that she wanted to see me. She told me that she wasn't feeling well and that she was missing me. She said sorry. But I didn't go. I was angry on her. I didn't know. " Mom said and cried.

" Now cry all you want, she has been begging you for months and now you cry" Dad said to my mom and started crying.

" Please uncle, please , it is useless to blame anyone. It's just a bad phase. Let's leave it behind. We should only pray that Prerna comes out healthy." Shiva said patting my dad.

My dad nodded his head and walked back to the chair.

After nearly two hours, Prerna was shifted to the ward. She hasn't woken up from her sedation yet. The doctor informed that she has had high pressure and heavy blood loss , She should stay in the hospital till all her levels are back to normal.

Rajiv sat near her bed. And caught her hand. He was murmuring something to her.

Close to 8 in the morning, Prerna woke up. Her eyes were puffy and she looked pale.

" Prerna! Are you okay? " Rajiv asked.

"What happened? " Prerna asked confused.

Mom and dad got up and walked to Prerna.

" You got pre eclampsia. Your pressure levels shot up. You were laying on the floor when I came home. "Rajiv said slowly gauging Prerna's reaction.

" I was feeling light headed, my feet swelled up. I thought it was normal. " Prerna said and moved her hand to her stomach. Suddenly she looked at Rajiv shocked, as she realized what had happened.

" The babies were not alive when I brought you to the hospital " Rajiv said holding Prerna's hand.

She looked at everyone around her. Her eyes welled up with tears.

" No, Rajiv, we had everything planned, the kids room,we,,,,, we loved them,,,, I need them, I need my babies, I want to see them!,they can't be dead! " She screamed and started crying.

I ran out of the room, unable to look at Prerna in the broken state. Shiva caught me as I tried to walk out to the lift. I tried to push him away but couldn't. I gave up and started crying.

I hugged Shiva and broke on the corridor. He hugged me tight as if he felt what I felt.