EPISODE 21

18/11/2019 - Monday -At Tambaram.

Aparna's P. O. V :

Have I done the right thing?

I shouldn't have acted on my nerves! , I even forgot that I had to stay in this house for the next week and have to face him.

This was the first time, I took a decision not thinking about anybody else, neither Shiva or his family's interests. I did it just because I wanted to.

It was selfish of me, but I felt as though Shiva deserved to know.

The time was 5 in the morning.

I hadn't slept for even a minute.

I decided to go for a walk in the terrace and then try sleeping again . Shiva's parents haven't come home yet. They'll be here soon though.

As I walked upstairs to the terrace, I heard someone talking. It was Shiva, he was on his phone.

I silently walked up and tried eavesdropping.

" I can't believe! " He was talking excited.

" I had this intuition all along but I was feeling weird. But you are right. I should do something. This can't go on. All of this feels so wrong." He said.

I took a step and hid behind the door.

He became silent. I waited few minutes, but still, nothing.

Suddenly the door sprang open, and Shiva was staring at me.

" I thought it was some thief! " He said looking at me.

I gave a fake smile to hide my embarrassment.

I walked out of the door and was looking at everywhere except him.

" We still have something to clear off " He said.

Oh my god, save me. He is at it again.

" Straight to the point, I have always seen you as my sister in law! " He said with a disappointed face.

I didn't expect this twist! I thought he was into Aparna more than the respect he had for Prerna.

" I am sorry, I know, you are not. But still, it makes me feel weird. It is hard for me to break out of the image. " He said.

I turned back, not knowing what to say.

" You know that I am half way married to someone. Though I don't like it, it's the truth. Trust me, I wanted a chance. I told you. But I don't think it is possible. " He said.

My eyes were brimming with tears. I still wasn't looking at his face.

" That's it? " I asked.

" I still want a chance, a date. To go for a long drive, movie, and eat out. I do. I really did yesterday. When I thought about it, i couldn't even imagine it.

It will be awkward for me. I did like Aparna, but when I look at you, all I see now is Prerna. Call me an idiot.

I need time to break out of this. That's what we don't have. Time to do anything. My parents will be here in two hours. With them here, whatever I hoped for seems senseless now.

This time next week, we all will be in Theni, getting ready for my engagement. You were late. I was late. It's over. " He said. His voice was shaking.

I ran to my room, without giving a single glance at him.

I shut the door, took my phone and called Prerna.