Ch 5: Green Zone Part 1

Start from the beginning

As soon as we arrived at the meeting point, I was greeted by the officer in charge, Sergeant Leeway.

Me (stopping the Humvee then saluting him): Sergeant?

Sgt. Leeway (saluting back): Captain sir.

Me (IJ): Mei, Adam, time to get down.

I then open the driver's door and hop down from the Humvee, with Mei and Adam doing the same.

Me: So what's the situation Sergeant?

Sgt. Leeway: Well, according to milnet, we should be expecting the convoy to arrive in about (he checks his watch) ten mikes.

Me: Are your men prepared?

Sgt. Leeway: Yes they are. Though I have different job for you Captain.

Me: Yeah?

Sgt. Leeway: You and your friends will be a sniper team, supporting us from up there. (he points to a 5 story building next to us)

Me: Support for what?

Sgt. Leeway: Us 3rd ID guys. We will place an ambush for those insurgents here on the ground.

Me: Alright then.

Sgt. Leeway: Oh, and before you forget, (points to two M2010 ESRs) there are two snipers over there where you can use, and ammo of course.

Me: Well. Thanks Sergeant.

Sgt. Leeway: No problem Captain sir. Godspeed and Semper Fi.

Me: Hooah to you too. (I turn to Mei and Adam and switch to Japanese) C'mon, let's take the M2010s and go up.

Mei and Adam (IJ): Roger.

I then rush over to the storage of the M2010s, quickly grabbing one of the M2010s and the ammo for it.

Me (IJ): Now. Is anyone good with firearms?

Adam (IJ): Only Miss Raiden has some experience with firearms.

I then sigh.

Me (IJ): It will take some learning, but you will master it. Mei?

Mei (IJ): I accept.

Me (handing her the rifle and the ammo) (IJ): Good. Now time to get up that building.

We then went into the building and climbed the stairs to the 5th floor, picking a room to position ourselves in for sniping.

Me (IJ): Adam (I hand him my binoculars) Take this. You're the spotter.

Adam (IJ): Got it.

Me (IJ): Mei, let's set up the rifles here.

Mei (IJ): Roger.

Mei and I then go prone on the floor and pull out the bipods of the M2010 and position ourselves close to the window, but not too close as to not expose ourselves. I then quickly taught Mei how to zero in and shoot when needed.

Me (IJ): Got it?

Mei then nodded.

Me (IJ): Alright.

We both then look down on our scopes and begin spotting for enemies.

4 minutes later

Adam (IJ): Uh, Captain?

Me (IJ): Yeah?

Adam (IJ): I've spotted one vehicle that has a machine gun on the back. 900 yards ahead.

Me (IJ): It's a technical, and possibly the lead one as well. Mei? You ready?

Mei (IJ): Um-hm.

Me (IJ): Alright, I'll target the driver, you target the insurgent on the MG. Ready?