Chapter 1: Iris Messages and Sea Otters

Annabeth's POV

Beep-Beep-Beep! I groaned as my phone buzzed signaling that it was time for me to get out of bed and back to college.  I groped around for my phone, trying to find it without opening my eyes. I failed. I opened my eyes and was blinded from the light from my dorm room window. I waited for my eyes to adjust and I was finally able to stop that horrible beeping. I looked at the small devise and smiled at my screen saver, the seven, all safe at Camp Half Blood. Leo had made everybody magic I-phones before Percy and I started collage. They shielded our scents from monsters and they were less expensive than iris messaging every day. I jumped out of bed and rushed around and started getting ready for the day when I realized something. It was Saturday, the day of homework and the only day I Iris messaged Percy. I let myself take my time slipping on my tee shirt, Harvard sweatshirt and blue jeans. I sat back down on my bed enjoying the quiet when I heard pounding on my door.

"Annabeth!" I heard my roommate Leah pounding on my door. I chuckled softly as she continued her banging, "Annabeth, Can I please come in?" I nodded my head and then smacked myself on the forehead remembering that she didn't see me.

"Yeah Leah, you can come in." She burst through the doors and smiled at me,

"Emily's still sleeping, can I see it?" I laughed at Leah, she was my only mortal friend that knew about my parentage. Emily, our other roommate didn't even know. I remember when she found out about it was before we had the knocking rule back in freshman year.

She was bouncing up and down, her dark brown curls crashing against her face.

"So, we going to message your boyfriend now or what?" I nodded and pulled my hair out of my face.

"Yeah, why don’t you grab the drachmas?" Leah cocked her head like a puppy, confused. "The gold coins in the leather bag in my sock drawer." I clarified Leah bounced over to my dresser while I texted Percy, making sure that he was alone. I grabbed my nacho plate as Percy texted me back. I tossed my glass of water on to that plate and the sunshine from the window made a rainbow. Leah tossed in a drachma as I said the magic words.

"Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, show me Percy Jackson in Miami, Florida."

The mist shimmered into a video screen and I saw Seaweed Brain in his dorm room, thankfully he was already out of bed and had clothes on, He was brushing his teeth, oblivious to the fact that I had already messaged him. Leah had to spoil my surprise, she jumped up and waved. She very loudly exclaimed,

"Hi Percy!" He jumped and turned, sighing as he saw us. He set down the toothbrush and spit into a paper cup.

"Apollo's holy cows! You guys startled me!"  I let out a low laugh,

"Sorry Seaweed Brain, How was your week? Did you have any memorable monster attacks?" He sighed,

"Unfortunately yes, I still haven't healed all the way and I've taken several showers. My roomie Zack, the one that knows about us like Leah does, his girlfriend turned out to be an empousa. I was talking to my homework and..."

"Wait," I interrupted, "Did you say that you were talking, to your homework?" Percy smiled at me,

"Yeah I did, Let me go get him." I was about to question him more when he ran out of his room. He came back holding a sea otter and smiling sadly. "This is George, he's my otter for the weekend. He was rescued from an oil spill. There were a bunch of otters that had been rescued so the people in my class had the option of taking one home to take care of them for the weekend." I smiled at Percy as he carefully held the otter and checked some of the scrapes it had for infection.

"You're a softy Seaweed Brain, so you were talking to George when..."

"Yeah, so I was talking to George when I heard something behind me, I thought something was wrong so I pulled out Riptide and turned, Kelli, the empousa I killed with Rachel when we were kids, she had disguised herself as a mortal so I didn't know it was her. She slashed at my back onto of my old Achilles heel, and then I stabbed her and she disintegrated and I had to tell my friend that is girlfriend melted."

"Ouch, that doesn't sound like that was fun." Percy grimaced,

"Yeah, it was rough, I had to give him a man hug." I chuckled at the phrase man hug.

"Seriously Percy, a man hug? Never mind, how is your back? Show me the gashes Percy." He scrunched his eyebrows together,

"I don't know Beth, I haven't been able to reach it to put nectar on it and if Zack touches the nectar it could kill him so I've been trying to let it heal the mortal way until somebody with blood like ours is around." I glared at him,

"Just show me your back Seaweed Brain." Leah started out of the room because she was really squeamish. As she came out of my room she turned back,

"Annabeth, you'd better hurry it along. Emily just woke up."

"Styx," I muttered under my breath, I looked back over at Percy. "Emily's up, we have five minutes, maybe." Percy sighed,

"Fine, I'll show you the gash and then we can get back to talking about fun stuff." He set George down and lifted up his tee shirt. I let out an involuntarily gasp, the skin was green, discolored, and all torn up.

"Seaweed Brain! You need to have Zack put on some rubber gloves or something and put some ambrosia on that. You’re starting to get an infection. Doesn't that hurt like Hades?" He shrugged,

"I guess, I don't really feel pain anymore. The Styx and Tartarus kind of showed me real pain and I don't feel stuff like this." He shrugged off his back, "Now in other news tomorrow is Valentine's day." I blushed but Percy continued like he didn't notice. "I have a swim meet tomorrow but you should get present via Hermes express." I wanted to talk for several more hours but I could hear Emily and Leah arguing about what I was doing.

"She's having a really important phone call, that's all Emily." Leah feigned exasperation.

I sighed,

"Got to go Seaweed Brain," I raised my hand so that it was right in front of the mist, Percy mirrored me so it was almost like we were touching.

"I love you Wise Girl." I smiled and blew him a kiss.

"I love you to Seaweed Brain, have fun with your otter." We each pressed our hands together at the same time, breaking the mist. I sat down on my bed, my mind fuzzy with thoughts of sea otters, my sweet boyfriend, and mist.

And that's chapter 1. I've been debating posting this for a while but I decided to tonight. I probably won't be updating my House of Hades as often as I had been but, oh well. I love writing Percabeth Drabbles. They're fluffy, sweet, and AWESOME! This is dedicated to MusicRose17a. She's got this amazing Jiper story, An Oath to Keep with a Final Breath. Adorable. Later Owlets, Gracie ^-^

(I'm sitting here minding my business when I'm ambushed by demigods with swords)

Me: AAAAAHHHHHH What the heak, you guys are at Camp Half-blood!

Jason: You havnt said the disclaimer yet so spill it!

Me: OKAY! I DON'T OWN THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS OR ANY OF ITS CHARICTORS! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!

Jason: We won't, you're just really funny when you're scared (He high-fives Piper)

Me: (Sarcasm) Well I'm glad that you find me amusing!