10.) Coming Out

Harry stirred before Draco. He could see the sun rising over the campus. Everything looked so peaceful and serene. And that's when he decided, he knew what he was going to do today.

Draco woke up a few minutes later, pulling Harry closer by the waist. "Good morning love" He spoke, burying his face in Harry's shoulder.

"Good morning Dray" Harry's voice was slightly shaky as he turned around, placing his head on Draco's chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah it's just," he pulled himself closer, nuzzling into Draco, "I think I'm gonna come out to Ron and Hermione today" He said with a chuckle

"You are?"

"Yeah. I think they'll accept me so what's the worst that can happen?" Harry truly was asking, what's the worst that can happen?

Considering how early they had woken up, neither boy had to be down at breakfast for another two hours or so. They decided to stay together for an hour and break for their dorm rooms.

An hour passed of them laying there, stealing small kisses for the next hour, until they knew they had to go back. The boys reluctantly stood up, gave one final kiss, and departed for their appropriate destinations.

When Harry arrived to the Gryffindor common room, he was relieved to see that no one was down yet. Hopefully no one had noticed his absence. Everything was fine and dandy as he strolled to his dorm. He wasn't questioned by Ron or Mione, so he got dressed as the other boys slept. Once Harry was almost completely dressed, Ron stirred.

"You're up early" Ron said sleepily

"Yeah. I guess I am. Hurry, I'm hungry" Harry pulled on his robe and went to the common room. It was here that he found Hermione, also ready for breakfast.

Harry couldn't speak two words to her. He knew the news he would tell them later and, frankly, he had zero clue what their reactions would be. Still, he had to tell them.

The trio went down to breakfast ten minutes later when Ron finally decided to join them. Harry was very quiet this trip. The other two noticed Harry's behavior and found it extremely strange.

"Harry are you alright?" Hermione started. "You haven't said more than a couple words this morning. And you've barely touched your food"

"Yeah Mione it's just..." Harry didn't know what to say, "I need to talk to you two later. Can we talk in the common room after dinner? It's kind of important" Harry was internally freaking out.

"Of course," Ron said, shoveling food down his throat as always, "is it about that Slytherin chick?"

"I suppose it is about that Slytherin" Harry said, glancing at Draco, who was already staring back at him. Draco quickly pretended that he was looking around the Great Hall instead of staring at his amazing boyfriend. "I just have to make it till dinner. That's all"

The rest of the day seemed to go all too quickly for Harry's liking. Before he knew it, the last class of the day had concluded and there were only a few hours till dinner. But Harry couldn't stand the waiting. They were all at a secluded table in the library. "Well, at least they can't yell in here"

"Hey guys," Harry started, voice shaking. He cleared his throat, "can I actually talk to you now? No sense in waiting till after dinner"

"Sure Harry, what's going on? You seem kind of nervous" Hermione instinctively reached for Harry's hand to grant reassurance.

Harry began. "I don't know how to say this but um" his hands were shaking, he felt like he could collapse at any moment.

"Yes?" Ron urged him to finish his sentence, but Harry's couldn't. But he had to. He pressed on

"I'm..."

Harry didn't know how else he could get out of it now. Tears formed in his eyes, threatening to fall. But he couldn't let them. He had to know their reactions first.

"...gay"