"Honey, I'm home!" Paul called as he made himself known.

"Hey Juliet!"

"Hey Seth, hi everyone." I greeted.

"Hey Juliet," Jared said a little quieter and deeper than I remembered him to talk, and the rest of the guys stifled  their laughs, clearly picking up on his awkwardness as I did. I waved and smiled in return.

"What took you all so long?" Quil broke the silence.

"Well little miss popular over here wouldn't stop being bothered by friends and guys giving their numbers," Embry explained as he munched down on a sandwich laid out.

"Oh guys giving...yeah?" Jared shifted uncomfortably and I felt a pang of jealousy and suppressed rage within him.

I attempted to diffuse it. "I dunno, just one number. How did you even hear that?" I questioned the three who changed the subject.

"Please, we aren't blind, there was more than one pale face checking you out Jules." Paul added, not helping Jared's feelings. Did he feel jealous over the attention I was getting or was it something else? Surely not me...

Jared took a deep breath to calm himself and sent me a fake but supportive smile. 

"Sam what's wrong with your car? The guys mentioned it needs work." I asked, changing the attention once more.

"Ah we don't know yet. Won't start up. Jake's the best out of us with mechanics so it's his turn to take a look." Jacob had already left to tend to the car on the porch as the rest of us sat and been out there since we arrived. I made my way to Jared and joined him at the bench.

"Hey, you okay over here? Looking very deep in thought." 

He shook it off. "Yeah of course. Why?"

"I just picked up some weird feelings from you that's all."

Sam perked up and I knew he was going to ask me to clarify what I meant like he tried to yesterday, but before he could, Jake returned covered in grease from the car and defeated. "I honestly do not know what's wrong Sam, I'm really sorry." he admitted.

"Do you mind if I take a look?" I asked. Jacob snorted in laughter and Embry smirked in amusement. 

"Oh you're serious?" Jake continued when my face didn't falter. 

I continued to stare him down questioningly. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I mean..." he sought the words and I stood my ground, until he realised he should shut up.

"If you really want, go for it." Sam said. I removed my beige coat and walked past Jake, taking off his La Push cap and putting it on my head backwards, more determined than ever to show up a group of guys and fix Sam's car if I died doing so.

The guys followed me outside still eating, and lingered on the deck behind me. I could tell Jake was feeling somewhat worried I would get it and show him up purely based on my confidence in the matter.

I bent over the popped hood and moved my way around with a tool or two. I had immediately identified the problem but understood why no one else caught it, and decided to stay quiet until I fixed it to surprise them even more. I could feel them watching on intrigued as I moved silently with the tools, occasionally wiping grease on my once white shirt and moving my hair from my face, accidentally getting some on my jaw and cheek. 

I also heard some conversation between Quil and Embry about my ass looking good and how hot I looked right now which was promptly followed by Jared punching them both.