dad!tamaki drabbles

Long Nights

The faint sound of cries could be heard from all the way across the hall to your shared bedroom with Tamaki. You shifted your body to face his, watching the way his face scrunched up as the noise got louder.

"Tama?" You quietly whispered, trying to lure him out of his sleeping state. He grunted in response, threatening to turn his body the other way before your hand shot out to grip his shoulder.

"Please go get her."

"Bunny, you were up first, and I have work in the morning.."

"Oh? I'm sorry, I just assumed that maybe you'd want to put her back to sleep considering I had her the whole day. Also considering the fact that I gave birth to her, you know."

Tamaki grimaced, memories flooding through his mind of how painful it looked at the time. He didn't remember much, ultimately passing out before it was over.

Your baby cried out again, practically screaming as she waited for someone to comfort her. Tamaki groaned, lifting himself from the bed to trudge towards her room. You smirked to yourself as he walked away, quickly falling back to sleep. At the sound of the door opening, she quieted down a bit, still however crying hysterically.

His hands shook as he grabbed her softly, lifting her light body into his arms to cradle her. She immediately calmed down, cooing as Tamaki began to rock her.

"Shhh, sunshine. Why are you crying?" Tamaki spoke in a low voice, trying to imitate the way you spoke to her all the time "I'm going to tell you why you'll always be my little sunshine." He stuck his finger out at her, watching as she tried her best to wrap her small, lithe fingers around it.

"Well, we wanted to name you Hikari. That means light in Japanese. That's what you are to mommy and I. You light up our entire world." Tamaki hummed a tune softly at her, watching as Hikari's eyes close slowly, finally slipping back to sleep. He held her a bit longer, admiring how beautiful she looked in his eyes. She was the perfect mixture of the two of you, the best features gracing her adorable face. After meeting you, he'd never thought that he'd fall so much in love with anyone else.

Hikari proved him wrong in no time at all.

First Words

"Please, 'kari? Just open your mouth." Tamaki hovered over your daughter sitting in the highchair, trying to get her to eat. She refused to budge, opting instead to turn her head away from the small spoon.

You could hear Tamaki sigh as he drops the spoon on the tray. Hikari giggles at the clattering noise, kicking her small legs around in excitement. You pause the show you're watching to make your way over to them.

"It sounds like you need some help here?" Tamaki nods his head, handing you the spoon.

"She never seems to ever listen to me when it's time for her to eat. What am I doing wrong?" The doubt in his voice is extremely apparent. Lately, he's been needing a lot of reassurances about how he's helping you to raise her. He's constantly at work, which he regrets because that means less time with his two favorite people. You're incredibly understanding however, always reminding him how great of a job he's doing.

"You're not doing anything wrong, tama. She usually eats when I feed her because I interact all the time. Try using this trick that I saw online." He watches as you tickle her feet, prompting her to laugh while you slowly place the spoon in her mouth. She swallows happily, opening up her mouth for more while you hand the spoon back to Tamaki.

He takes it from you, copying your movements. She finally eats from him, swallowing completely before babbling on about who-knows-what. You step back to let Tamaki take over. Your body warms as you watch them interact with each other, your heart practically bursting out of your chest at the sight.