the story of us | todoroki

pairing: todoroki shouto x fem!reader

warnings: none

note: italicized means that it's describing a flashback

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"Happy Anniversary, my love."

The sun was setting around you as you sat on a blanket. You've been out all day with Shouto Todoroki, your boyfriend of now three years. The two of you have known each other years prior to you dating, when you both entered the hero program at UA.

Now, the pair of you were happily together and pro heroes who are great at the job. Todoroki has been driving you around all day, taking you to your favorite places. This is finally your last destination, a park where he promised you would enjoy the most.

"You can finally see your present now!" Todoroki reaches into a bag to take out a box. He hands it to you, watching as you examined it closely. You brought it to your ear, shaking it lightly to try to get an idea of what it was.

You ripped the wrapping paper off, opening the box to see a book with a blank cover.

You look up to see Shouto grinning at the book. You loved his smile. He never really did when you first met him, but as the years went on, the smile that you fell in love with grew more and more.

You opened the book to find a huge amount of blank pages. You were confused, to say the least. Shouto's hand found yours, squeezing lightly before explaining, "It's a scrapbook. There's blank pages because there's memories that we still have to be made. There are three pages already filled out in the beginning, one page for every year we've been dating."

You couldn't stop the blush creeping up on your face. You looked back down to the book, flipping to the first page.

You found...a receipt?

"This is from our first date...that place by your parent's house that made the best soba!"

"Wow! You kept that this entire time?!"

"Of course. This was the start of our relationship..."

⤛⤛⤛⤜⤜⤜

"I've got to say, these aren't as good as Fuyumi's cooking...but it's acceptable."

"I'd love to try her food sometime! If you think anything is better than this, I have to have some."

Todoroki stayed silent, eyes scanning your face, making you nervous.

"Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry! I didn't m-mean that as me wanting to come over to your house. N-Not that I don't, it's just pretty rude of me to assume~"

"(Y/n), it's okay. I would love to have you over anytime. I'm sure my siblings would enjoy your company."

The rest of the evening was full of laughs and blushes, and the two of you finally were ready to leave. Todoroki insisted on paying for everything and then you left, not before he slipped the piece of paper into his pocket.

⤛⤛⤛⤜⤜⤜

"You were right! Fuyumi's cooking is way better than that restaurant we went to." The two of you smiled at the memory, before you turned to the next page. This time, there was a bottle cap. You can hear Shouto chuckling as you stared at it, trying to figure out the story behind this one.

"Okay, think back to your 21st birthday..."

⤛⤛⤛⤜⤜⤜

Shouto's hand was gripping yours tight, leading you out of the club that you decided to party at. You were stumbling all over the place, clearly drunk out of your mind.