Chapter Three: Dangerous

"Corrie! Let me in!" My stepmom yelled, knocking on the door.

 I giggled as I was laying on the floor, knowing I was about to get yelled at. But I couldn't help myself at all. I stuck pudding in Lance's brand new white tennis shoes!

 I mean it was hilarious to see the stuff come out of his shoe in a weird way and the look on his face was priceless. I quickly had ran back up to my room and locked myself in. I figured I was gonna get yelled at, but I didn't see why my parents always yelled at me: We played practical jokes on each other all the time.

"Corrie, if you don't open this door, I'll go get the chainsaw," Sarah threatened. I quickly jumped up and let her in. Sarah was a tall and elegant woman. Her long golden waves and extremely crystal blue eyes and fair skin made her look even more like some kind of goddess. Her flaming blue eyes glaring at me.

I felt a giggle bubbling up in my throat, but I held it back. "Just what did you think you were doing putting chocolate pudding in your brother's shoes? You know he needs them for tennis!" Sarah crossed her arms over her chest.

"I...uh...well...I thought he was hungry?" I suggested, hoping my joke would calm her down a little. She smiled just a little but her stern tone didn't leave.

"You guys need to stop playing tricks on each other! It's not healthy for you guys. So as your punishment, you get to clean up the mess and wash his shoes," She said.

"But mom-" I said, but she just shook her head and walked out. "I don't want to hear it. Just get it done."

I sighed and flopped onto my bed, playing with some of my hair. I heard a snicker at my door. I grabbed my history book off my bed and chunked it in that direction and heard a pained grunt.

I smirked as I sat up to see Lance doubled over at the door. "I bet you won't think that's funny anymore."

He looked up, giving a sexy smile that made my insides shrivel a little. "No, I still do."

I jumped off of my bed to walk over to him. "Well, I guess I will have to torture you until you beg for forgiveness." I started to tickle him, causing him to almost snort as he laughed but he quickly dodged my hands and grabbed me as he dragged me to my bed. I kicked and pushed, attempting to escape, but he was just too strong. He flung me on my bed, jumping on top of me to tickle me. I laughed and wiggled around, trying to get away, but pulled me back. I was in tears.

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry!" I laughed, trying to push his hands away. He smirked and jumped on top of me. "Yeah, I bet you are. You know you're one evil-"

"Don't you dare say it!" I laughed sticking my tongue at him, while trying to wiggle from under him; that was a huge fail on my part.

He laughed and snorted, causing me to laugh too. When we sobered up from our immaturity, I actually noticed that a certain part of him was kind of close to a certain part of mine. He noticed, too because his face turned almost as red as a tomato. I felt the heat flood my face, too, but I quickly covered it up by pushing him off of me while he was distracted.

"GOD! You're one heavy dude," I joked, laughing to calm myself down. He laughed, too, but I heard the nervousness in his voice too. Where did that come from? Maybe....

Suddenly his phone sung "Play That Funky Music, White Boy", and I snickered. I mean who in that time actually still had that song? And even set it as their ringtone?

"Shut up," He said quickly, and he answered it. "Hello? Oh, hey Brittney." I felt my jealousy and hatred for the girl flare up and all I could do was leave my room quickly before I did something stupid.

 I walked all the way down the stairs and outside. I really didn't care that I was in my zombie penguin shorts and death by sharpie tank top. I walked to the back to our backyard and to the old willow tree in the back that overlooked the pond-lake in the back. I sat down onto the tree swing that Dad and us had built together one day. I sat down and sighed, thinking of how simple it was when we were young.

I heard some rustling coming from a bush beside me, snapping my head quickly to that direction. I still heard rustling, nothing coming out just yet, and I quickly got out of the swing and walk away, but a big brown Labrador comes out stumbling over his feet and tripping. He was so cute!

He walked to me, his tongue hanging out and his tail wagging. I walk over smiling, bending to pet him. He pants leaning into my hand. He likes it!

"Aww, you're so cute! I wish I could keep you forever," I said, not aware that I was talking out loud. I give him a rub down, him immediately getting on the ground for me to do that. I scratch his belly, and he licked my hand afterwards. I laugh at how cute he was looking at me with his eyes. He rolled over and sat beside me. I sit on the ground with him, just looking at the pond. I quickly look at his neck and realize he doesn't have a collar. I feel my smile deepen.

"I think I'll call you Charlie," I said, and the dog nudged me, as though he liked the name. I laugh and hug him quickly, knowing I just earned a new friend.