Chapter Two: Take Me Home

The rest of the day was boring, including the lab in Human Infectious Diseases class...

 I really hate having to mess with things that might kill me if it makes any form of contact that can enter my body. 

I headed over to the soccer field house after school and got into my workout clothes. Okay, I might dress in clothes to make myself unapproachable, but with this sport, I have earned enough respect to be left alone and not harassed because of my 'Hot Bod', since I usually practiced in a sports bra and short shorts. I immediately went outside to get done with my laps before Coach Freeman came out of his office. 

He blew the whistle as I was on my seventh  lap around to field to get the rest of the teams out to practice. We always warmed up with the guys and did stretches, then we split up to our two soccer fields for the rest of practice. I noticed someone was looking at me and groaned to find that it was Tyler Dawson.

Tyler is what you would call the ladies' man. He has pretty much hooked up with most girls at our school, dated much older women - from what rumors have said-, and was currently in a relationship with some college girl. He always flirted with me, thinking that eventually I might actually go out with him, but like I said earlier, he's a player and my eyes were set for someone else.

As well as I thought he was extremely gross. Like the major eww factor right there. 

"I see you eyeing me, Dawson," I yelled as I  was finishing my last lap. He just chuckled as he ran beside me. "I was just admiring your beautiful abs. You just have to tell me how you get them. Or you could let me feel them."

I made a noise of disgust and slapped his arm as hard as I could. "You are such a pervert! Why are you even beside me?"

"I live just to annoy the living shit out of you," He said, grinning. 

"Well, I guess I'll just beat the living shit out of you," I said, grinning evilly at him, "starting with between your legs."

He just laughed. "That's what she said."

I just groaned and ran off of the track to the middle of the field. I watched at the others slowly make their way near me. One of my other friends, Rachel Huber, came up beside me, huffing from the run she had to do. 

Rachel was as tall as I was, but she was more full figured, thanks to the blessings of her mixed heritage origin. Her extremely curly black hair was pulled up in a twist, and she wore a tank top and running shorts. Her naturally tanned skin was flawless as her green eyes looked exhausted.

"How the hell are you able to not be out of breath?!" She weezed, slowly trying to calm her heart before it beat itself out of her.

"I have a high metabolism, and I run a lot anyways, so I don't get tired so easily," I grinned starting on my warm-ups with her. We both plopped on the ground and grabbed each other's hands, and I pulled her towards me. 

"So I heard you are going to the dance?" Rachel said, then sighed as her back popped loudly. 

"Hell, no! Where did you hear that?" I asked.

"Hannah," She said, grinning.

"Damn! I think she's trying to trick me into going, I just know it..." I said, letting out an exhausted sigh, letting Rachel pull me. She just chuckled and we finished our warm-ups. We got up and we took our usual spots: Rachel as the goalie and me on left fullback.

 I watched as someone kicked the ball and we were off. I chased down the field, jumping over a girl who was trying to trip me. I saw that the ball was coming my way, so I quickly stole the ball from my opponent. I was almost to the goal when Gerbil came running to me, trying to steal. I tried to pass the ball, but everyone on my team was pretty much blocked.

 Glaring at the bitch, I decided to try to take the shot. I faked a left, but she caught what I was doing. Hell, it was like trying to play for the damn world cup with her. I saw my slight opening, but I might get in trouble for it. But hell, my team needed me to do this...and besides, a little broken nose on Gerbil wouldn't affect me. 

I stopped immediately causing her to think I was confused. She smirked as she tried to steal the ball from me, but I quickly grabbed the ball with my feet as I used her shoulders to launch me into the air. I couldn't bring my feet over her head high enough so I felt my shoe make contact with her face. I quickly got my body ready for a roll and I smoothly hit the ground and bounced back up to my feet, kicking the ball hard into the goal. 

The goalie was so amazed with my move that she just let the ball go right over her head as she stared at it. I heard my team cheering and running to slap my hand.

 I looked over to Gerbil who was on the ground holding her forehead, crying like a baby. I would have felt sorry for her, if it wasn't for the fact that I hated her guts. I just shook my head and waited for the coach to call my name to sit out the rest of practice. But he didn't instead, Gerbil left the field, giving my team an advantage and we won 2-10.

 I was glad we won and I danced all to way to the field house to hear from Coach and take a shower. Coach Freeman talked to us, but as soon as he dismissed us he called me to meet him in his office. I was scared because I might have to sit out most of the season.

I closed the door after entering his office. "Sit down, Fisher," He said, sipping on his usual soda of choice, Dr. Pepper.

I sat down, looking down onto the ground. I was waiting for him to yell at me again, because I always got in trouble on the field. 

"You did a really good job these past few years. I have noticed that your skill is very impressive and with the right training, you could be a professional. I have a proposition for you," He said.

 I stared at him wide-eyed, surprised he actually complimented me.

 He just smirked then continued. "I have a quite a few colleges interested in recruiting you for their soccer teams and the national team is thinking of coming to check you out. I have their recruiters coming to some of our later games to check you out. So I suggest that you don't get in trouble and keep up the good work."

I just stared at him, surprised that he actually did something like that. I didn't even know he liked me enough to do that. I felt a slow smile form on my lips. "I won't let you down." He nodded with a smile and excused me from his office.

As soon as I left the office, I couldn't help but scream from that.

I walked over to Lance's car, seeing that he was on the phone. I opened the door and caught part of his conversation.

"No...yeah...alright! I'll give you more details later...Alright. Bye," He said, hanging up. "So how was practice?"

"Okay," I said, wondering who he was talking to. He must had caught onto my curiosity.

"Oh, that was my date to the dance," He said smiling. My heart almost stopped beating. I could feel my face getting slightly red, but I refused to show just how much that bothered me. So I turned my bitchy side on.

"Oh...  Who is it?" I said, sharply turning my head to look out the window, but God, did I feel like screaming!

"Britney Shoemaker," He said, still driving. Oh my god! Why was he taking that slut?!

"Lance-" I started but he stopped me. "I don't wanna hear it. You'll just have to live with it. And I'm not planning on changing my mind on being her date."

"God! You just know how to pick 'em," I said, not leaving the heavy sarcasm out.

"Hey! What do you have against Britney? She hasn't done anything to you," Lance said, glaring at me. Oh god, I wish I could tell him just exactly why she deserves my bad talk, but that's a story for another time.

"I have my reasons that I just don't want to talk about right now. Let's just get home so I can go die in my room," I said, giving him a forced smile. His eyes slowly turned from aggravation to sadness as he casually glanced at me as he drove us home.