⑳It Didn't Mean Anything

They got into Jeongguk's car and had to drive for half an hour to get there. Taehyung wanted to open the window so he could see outside, but Jeongguk didn't let him, so he pestered him for five minutes straight.

To be honest, it was freezing outside, and Jeongguk just didn't want him to get a cold, but after so much whining, he yielded and opened the damn window.

Overall the drive was quiet after that, and they reached their destination soon enough. Once Taehyung stepped out of the car, his eyes widened in awe and his jaw hung open. "Wow," he breathed out as he eyeballed the place in depth.

"You like it?" Jeongguk asked with a chuckle, already sure about his response.

"I love it, it's so beautiful!"

Not as much as you. His eyes were anchored on his aglow face at all times and a smile was engraved on his lips. "I know," he said as they resumed walking further and found a place to sit.

The good thing was that they were alone there. It was too cold to be outside, but the two boys didn't care because Taehyung was loving the place — it was indeed downright beautiful — and Jeongguk was there with that boy so he couldn't ask for anything else.

"You know, I was always curious about this," Taehyung spoke after ten minutes of halcyon silence. "Why do you eat takeout food twice a day?"

Jeongguk lifted a brow at his question as he didn't expect he would care about that. "It's too bothersome to cook, and I'm too lazy to do it."

"You live alone?"

"Yes, my mom has her own house."

"Why?"

"Because I want my privacy and I can afford to live on my own."

"But don't you miss her? I think if I had a mother, I wouldn't be able to leave her and live on my own," Taehyung murmured and took another bite of his food.

"I do miss her. But I like living alone too."

"Eating takeout food twice a day isn't so healthy, you know." His tone indicated mild criticism blended with playfulness.

"You should take care of yourself before scolding others about their lifestyle," Jeongguk replied in the same way, adding a derisive smile as well.

"That applies to you too!"

"I'm not starving myself at least."

"Eating unhealthy food twice a day is just as bad."

"No, it's not."

Taehyung cast him a glower. "I don't like you," he hissed with a disdainful moue.

"I can say the same thing," Jeongguk snapped back with a contemptuous wiggle of his brows.