⑲For Everything

Start from the beginning

"Okay guys, this is getting serious. Stop," Seokjin cut in, his amused expression melting away.

Taehyung ceased every movement upon hearing what Jeongguk said. He was right. He didn't have to put up with him. Why was he there sitting with such an obnoxious person he didn't even have to put up with?

"Bye, hyung." He jolted out of his seat, paying no mind to his Seokjin, who called his name.

Jeongguk was being an asshole to him, and he was throughout aware of that. He didn't want to get more attached to him than he already was. So being an asshole to him was the only option he had. Or at least the only option he thought he had.

Seokjin set his stern gaze on the younger, disapproval veiling his face. "You bought him medical supplies when he had sprained his ankle."

Jeongguk's body went rigid at the statement, but he nodded a moment later. "I did."

"You paid for his hospital bill."

"I did."

"You went to find him yesterday when he got lost and kept him company because he couldn't sleep."

"I did."

"Obviously you care. Why are you being such an asshole then?"

"I don't."

Seokjin arched a scornful brow at his reply. "I just said all these things to prove that you care so you wouldn't lie to my face, but you did anyway."

"Seokjin—"

"Go make it right. I don't want to work with people who treat my friends badly."

"It's gonna be your loss."

"I don't care. Are you gonna go find him?" He waited for any kind of reaction from him, but he didn't even bat an eyelash. He shook his head at his unacceptable behavior and heaved himself to his feet to go find his dongsaeng.

Jeongguk gripped his wrist when he was about to exit the cafe. "I'll go. Give this to Inguk." He handed him €50.

"That's a lot of money," he mumbled, his eyes double their size by the amount.

"My treat, don't worry about it," Jeongguk reassured with a slight smile and took off.

He didn't have to look for long to spot the black-haired boy. He was at the bus stop just as he thought. His steps were small and faltering as he neared him; he had no idea what to say to him.

Taehyung's eyes rolled to the back of his head in frustration the moment he caught a glimpse of him and flipped his head in the opposite direction.

The younger sat next to him with a good amount of space between them, still void of any idea of what to say. He couldn't act like an asshole to him since he went after him, and he couldn't be too soft to him either. But since he wanted to take care of him and protect him, he couldn't be an asshole to him anymore.

"I'm sorry," slid out of his mouth in a murmur as he vacantly stared at the ground.

"I don't care. I'm tired, Jeongguk." He closed his eyes for a spell, striving to control his emotions.

"I'm sorry."

"I told you I don't care. You should have thought about that before being the obnoxious, asshole you are!"

"You're right."

"Stop acting like you're actually sorry. You are never sorry about anything."

"I am sorry about a lot of things. I just don't admit it." Jeongguk continued talking with a mellow voice, still not meeting his gaze.