Chapter 12: Flying to Hargeon

Start from the beginning

"Who are also being followed by deadly assassins." Lucy added.

Suddenly, Carla and Happy dipped lower into the sky. Everyone screamed.

"What are you doing?!" Gray shouted as he hung on to Happy for dear life.

"Oh I'm sorry, are you the one carrying 300 lbs?" Carla snarled. "Not all of us can fly high in the sky carrying two wizards on their backs."

"Yeah, this is exhausting for us." Happy said tiredly.

"We've only been flying for 7 minutes and 32 seconds!" Erza exclaimed.

"That's a long time with 300 lbs on your back!" The two Exceeds yelled.

"Why don't we take a small break?" Lucy suggested.

"No, we're almost there." Happy said as he pointed to the port. "We can make it."

"You sure? We don't want you guys getting hurt." Wendy looked at them with concern.

"We're fine." They snapped.

Yikes. Lucy thought. Who knew Carla and Happy could be so mean?

They finished flying in silence. Once they landed, Lucy and Wendy immediately got them some water, while Gray and Erza took care of getting a boat. They all agreed to meet in an hour at Hargeon Park .

"I'm hungry, let's get some food." Happy whined.

Lucy counted her money. "Fine, but nothing too expensive, okay?"

He arched an eyebrow. "Who was the it who just carried you like 5 miles?"

She rolled her eyes. "Fine."

"I'm just happy to have food." Carla sighed, relieved and exhausted as they entered the restaurant.

"Yeah." Wendy said as her stomach rumbled. They sat down at a table.

"Oh my gosh, that all smells so good!" Happy drooled as he stared at the plates of food a waiter was carrying.

"Let's just order before Happy embarrasses us..." Lucy raised her eyebrows as she looked at the menu.

"How much time is left before we have to meet the others?" Carla asked.

Wendy checked her watch. "53 minutes. Plenty of time." 

"Good, we don't have to rush to eat!" Happy exclaimed. 

Within a couple of minutes, a waiter took their orders.

"He was cute, Lucy." Wendy smirked as he left.

"Not interested." Lucy playfully stuck out her tongue.

"Only cause you're too busy kissin' Natsu." Happy mumbled as he chugged a glass of water.

Lucy's face heated up. "I haven't kissed him!"

Everyone stared at her with raised eyebrows and smirks. "Sure."

"Whatever! New subject. Do you think they'll get a boat?" She hurriedly asked.

"I'm sure Erza will manage to find a way. She's very determined." Carla remarked.

"She might be a problem, though. She's not very patient." Happy said.

"I'm not sure how we'll get someone willing to sail to Alakitasia." Lucy said gloomily as she munched on a piece of bread. "Especially since it's a 10 day trip."

"Where there's a will, there's a way." Carla smirked. "We can always bribe them."

"What? You would bribe them?" Wendy asked in mild shock.