Mest looked taken aback for a minute, trying to process what Reina asked him.

"It's fine if you don't want to. I can just transfer the techniques to you through memory or I can give you duplicate scrolls." Reina offered other options.

"Well, I don't really know what to say. There are a lot of pros and cons to this." Mest replied hesitantly.

"Are you thinking about Wendy?" Mest nodded embarrassedly causing Reina to sigh.

"I know I'm not in the place to care about who she's with but I can't stop myself." Now it was Mest's turn to sigh loudly.

"How about talking it out with her and then making your decision after?" Reina suggested.

Before Mest could say anything Reina walked past him. Confused, Mest turned around to find Wendy staring at him with Reina by her side.

"I'll leave you two to talk," Reina said before leaving.

"How did you know we were here?" Mest asked after an uncomfortable silence.

"Reina told me. You forgot that she has telepathy." Wendy replied simply.

"Yeah, I did." Mest laughed a little.

"So? What are you gonna do?" Wendy asked.

"I don't know. What do you want me to do?" Mest replied with a question of his own, sitting on a step.

"I think you should stay. It would benefit you a lot." Wendy said as she sat next to him.

"Yeah, it would." Mest agreed plainly.

"So why are you hesitating then?" Wendy asked tilting her head to look at him.

"I'm scared that when I come back... I might lose you. It's quite stupid really." Mest confessed with a little laugh.

"It's not stupid. I'll promise you one thing. I won't let go of you. So don't let go of me okay?" Wendy stuck out her pinky finger.

"Okay," Mest said, sticking out his own pinky finger and locked Wendy's pinky with his.

The two got up and headed to the group, both having a bittersweet feeling in their heart.

"So? What's it gonna be?" Reina asked once the two reached the group.

"I'll stay," Mest replied, determinedly.

"Alright. Don't regret your decision then." Reina crossed her arms with a smile.

"I won't," Mest assured as he gave her a smile.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye for now. Come visit whenever. Camille can open the portal and so can Happy and Carla." Reina said as she waved goodbye to the group.

"Goodbye Rei! You can come to visit us any time you want, too!" Lucy shouted as the group waved back.

Together the group stepped through or flew through the portal, appearing in a train station before they could blink.

"Three tickets to Magnolia, please," Lucy said to the booking clerk as the others sat in the distance waiting for her.

"Here you go! Have a safe trip!" The clerk exchanged the tickets for her money and waved goodbye to Lucy.

"Thank you, sir!" Lucy shouted as she waved goodbye back.

"Did you get the tickets?" Natsu asked.

Lucy nodded and showed them the tickets.

"Before I forget, Wendy perform Troia on us!" Lucy exclaimed as they saw the train in the distance.

Wendy nodded and performed the Troia spell that would get rid of their motion sickness for a while.