Chapter 18: Who Is The Beast?

Start from the beginning

The couple's eyes brightened as if pleased by his progress with the werecoyote. "That's great!" Imogen grinned.

He sighed, "It would be great but she hasn't brought it up since it happened." That caused their smiles to drop as he continued. "I mean, I'm happy she kissed me since it means she does like me back but even though I want to ask her out... I think it would be better to wait until her mother is dealt with."

Scott noticed the concern in his betas gaze for the werecoyote. "You really do like her don't you?" It seemed that the crush Isaac had was more deep then either he and Imogen first thought.

Isaac thought of Malia and about his previous crush on Imogen. While he had liked Imogen in the past, the feelings he felt for Malia were stronger than he realized. "I don't think I love her at least not yet." He confessed aloud causing the couple in across from him to share smiles. When he realized what he said aloud, he flushed red. "Okay, that's it. I'm going to sleep!" He got off the stool and rushed up into the guest room.

Imogen and Scott shared a laugh. She leaned against his shoulder, peering up at him. "Want to go upstairs?"

He blinked, it took him a few seconds to catch on to why she wanted to head upstairs already. He kissed her forehead, "Alright." He had already finished his homework anyway and her bedroom was soundproof so they didn't have to worry about keeping Isaac or Omar up.

The couple didn't waste a second rushing upstairs to enjoy their night together.

.
▷▷▷
.

The next day at school, Mason told Liam about how he was sure the beast would show up during the lacrosse game which was going to be broadcasted on tv. This led to Stiles, Scott, Imogen, Lydia, Liam, and Allison to gather in the library. Isaac, Kira, and Malia were in class so they couldn't join them but they would be briefed later.

"Mason said it's not just to transmit frequency. It's high powered. Like it has to be a really strong signal." Liam explained.

Lydia frowned, "And that's causing it to shift?"

"No. I don't think it's just that. Last night Argent said that it's getting smarter." Scott said, glancing at them, "What if the Dread Doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster?"

Stiles furrowed his brows, "With frequencies?"

"No, by shifting." The alpha said, "The frequency is just the trigger. The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf."

Imogen looked at him, "Like Peter."

"Right." He nodded, "Yeah, when Peter was an Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed and he was back to normal."

"So the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for the full moon."

"They want the Beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible."

"Because of Parrish."

"So if this is happening tonight, what are we going to do?"

Stiles dug into his bag and pulled out a photo. "Uh, we've got one clue to go on. This came from the hospital. Whoever's lurking inside the Beast is wearing a size 10 of indeterminate make."

Lydia's brow raised upward at her boyfriend, "Indeterminate?"

"Means, it's a partial print. Basically, it was all we were able to get considering all the fire, blood and carnage."

"How many size 10s are out there?" Scott questioned, they couldn't waste time searching every single person with a size 10 shoe.

Stiles pursed his lips, "Only one with Parrish's blood on the sole."