Author Spotlight: @GeekAtlas

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what words wouldn't you use?

Ordinary.

Think back to when you were in school. What was your favourite subject?

Art & Design. But don't judge me! It's justified. It's where the creativity comes from!

When you were a young 'un, what did you want to be when you grew up?

An illustrator artist for Disney - not too far off my Wattpad destiny of making my own book covers for my creative writing lol.

What does Tevun-Krus mean to you?

The Outer Rim where the good sh*t happens!

Tell us about your reading/writing habits. If you're not a writer, then simply the former will suffice!

On a daily basis, I pore over Sy-Fy from my Wattpad Reading Lists! I've just finished re-writing the Second Edition of The Solution, my Cli-Fi (Climate Fiction) novel, ready for relaunch on 'May The 4th'...

As your crew casts your lifeless body into the heart of the nearest star, list three pieces of music likely to be rattling the bulkheads of your beloved vessel!

TK, too easy, too easy, too easy! Rooftops by Lost Prophets, Sacrifice by Creed, and My Hero by Foo Fighters. Three of Soft Rocks' Best!!!

Who is your all-time favourite author? How much, if at all, has their work influenced your writing style?

Ernest Cline. Despite only penning two novels, Ready Player One and Armada were the modern works which made me realize that geekin' out on the page is where it's at. Furthermore, you'll see their influence if and when you get to The Solution (Second Edition) ^_<

Of everything you've written, which piece is your favourite?

The Solution (Second Edition), which came to to Wattpad 'May The 4th' 2020...

Pitch the above story to us. Make us really want to read it!

In a dystopian China blighted by climate change, a troubled genius sets out to save mankind and redeem his family's glory, but not if his enemies have anything to do with it. By 2048 climate change is deadly and threatens the existence of all life on Earth. Subsequently, an unprecedented program called The Solution is proposed by China's Environment Secretary, Xen Lai. A technical genius, Xen hopes that mankind can avoid the 'World-Ender' mega storm he's predicted is almost upon us...

However, Xen is a troubled man who's recently done unthinkable things, and kept the wrong company... Naturally, his credibility is questioned once he gets exposed. Amid the controversy, Xen must heal a dreadful rift with his journalist brother, Chon Lai, who's been forced to lead coverage of Xen's scandal for BTV. Xen must also appease a ruthless activist in Robin Albers. And, Xen must outsmart the crime boss of the entire underworld, The Pink Lady. Only then, will his family have the chance to restore their honor, ascend, and fulfill mankind's destiny amongst the stars...

Focusing on the fallout of COVID-19 and the future of our global environment, Williams' debut monopolizes the rising Science Fiction sub-genre of 'Climate Fiction' aka 'Cli-Fi'. 'In a Chinese future, it's 'Ready Player One' meets 'Interstellar'! 'Behold - my one, true, Horcrux' - Louis aka GeekAtlas.

To what extent does the mythical 'real life' influence your writing?

Heavily. As a Psy-Phy Writer, I think it's our responsibility to make our stories as realistic as possible. It's probably the best conduit to inspire the astronauts and astrophysicists of the future ^_<

If you could have any superpower, what would that be and why?

'Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist'. As far as finances, swagger, and the generous mind goes, it worked pretty well for RDJ aka Tony Stark, who was able to create an AI-aided armored suit, manifest AI in the form of Vision and Ultron, not to mention the stabilization of a traversable time paradigm *GeekAtlasSnorts*

What would you do if you woke up one day and suddenly realized you were an alien from another world?

I'd say, "Klatuu, let Gort off his leash!"

The Technological Singularity presents a rather daunting, some say inevitable, future. Does the prospect of that level of artificial intelligence excite you, or leave you quaking in your space boots?

Based on the current state of the world, 'p!ssing in my boots'. Like with First Contact, we're not ready.

Who was your first Sci-Fi crush? Who is your current one?

Lieutenant First Class Ellen Louise Ripley / Lena from Annihilation (who doesn't love Natalie Portman?!) *GeekAtlasScoffs*

If you could experience the world of any Sci-Fi story on Wattpad, which would that be and why?

The Solution. I can't be apologetic for the shameless plug. Set in 2048, Xen's story depicts an unstable world where many solutions have been implemented. And so, ranging from static doors to Converting Vessel Freighters, I would love to actually see if humanity succeeds in any of these solutions, especially if we've learned from the current Coronavirus Pandemic. After all, if we don't get a collective grasp on that, then I doubt our journeys to the stars will ever happen.

And finally, any words of wisdom to new and aspiring Sci-Fi writers?

Yes. Be relentless and undying in your pursuit of literary and scientific knowledge. Read and write everyday, and do so until you exceed the rank of Master. Future champions, glory awaits.