Judging Criteria

This criteria is for judges to follow while you are judging. For the contestants, read this criteria so that you understand how the marking will happen. You'll get one month to edit your book and turn it into a better version to win this award.

1st round-

Cover: /5

Is the cover eye catching? Does it match with the storyline or the genre? Is it unique or creative? Does it look like a book cover?

Title: /5

Does the title seem like a sentence? Does the title make sense? Does it make you want to read the story? Is it related to the story? Is the title unique or creative?

Description: /10

Is the description too long or short? Does it make you want to read the story? Does it tell you about the plot of the book? Does it tell you about the genre? Does it give away too much information about the characters?

First chapter: /5

Does it have a good start? Does it make you curious to read more? Does it have too many grammatical, spelling, punctuation or capitalization mistakes? Do you understand the meaning of the chapter or does it make you confused in a bad way?

All the five chapters: /25

Are the chapters good? Do they make you curious to read the rest of the story? Do they let you know anything about the plot or storyline? Do they let you know anything about the characters? Do they have too many grammatical, spelling, punctuation and capitalization mistakes? Do these mistakes make it hard to read the story? Do they confuse you? Do the chapters have a flow? Do they feel broken?

Bonus: 5

If you feel like the book which you are judging is very unique and different, something you've never seen before then you can give that book this bonus 5 points. If you feel like the book which you are judging has potential to be a finalist or close and the only problem is the grammatical mistakes then you can give that book this bonus 5 point and we'll notify the author to edit his/her work.

Total: /50 (we are not counting the bonus points here)

2nd round and final round-

Cover: /5

Is the cover eye catching? Does it match with the storyline or the genre? Is it unique or creative? Is it original?

Title: /5

Does the title seem like a sentence? Does the title make sense? Does it make you want to read the story? Is it related to the story? Is the title unique or creative? Is it original?

Book description: /10

Is the description too long or short? Does it make you want to read the story? Does it let you know about the plot? Does it tell you about the genre? Does the description match with the actual story? Does it tell you little bit about the characters to make you curious or does it give away too much about the charcters? Does it have grammatical, spelling, punctuation and capitalization mistakes?

Cohesive writing: /20

Do the chapters flow together? Does it tell the story in a fluent way or is it too slow or too fast? Are there too many filler chapters? Do all the chapters make sense together or do they feel broken?

Characterization: /15

Do all the characters have different and consistent peraonalities? Can you tell something about the characters? Do they feel like real people? Are the characters realistic?

Grammer, spelling, punctuation and capitalization: /10

Are there grammatical, spelling, punctuation and capitalization mistakes? Are there too many typos? Do the mistakes make the book hard to read? Do the mistakes change the meaning of the sentence or confuse you?

Plot: /20

Is the plot original? Is the plot cliche or steryotipical? Is the plot creative? Does the plot make sense? Do all events have a reason? Is the plot good to read? Does it have suspense or make you curious to know more? Do you find out the plot yourself from scenes or characters' actions and behavioir or do the characters tell you eveerything about them in one go but you don't see or feel anything yourself?

Details: /15

Are there too much details or too less? Are the details boring to read or fun? Do the details make sense? Do all the details fit together?

Bonus: 5

If you feel like the book which you are judging is very unique and different, something you've never seen before then you can give that book this bonus 5 points. If you feel like the book which you are judging has potential to be a finalist and the only problem is the grammatical mistakes then you can give that book this bonus 5 point and we'll notify the author to edit his/her work.

Total: /100