Chapter 2: Acquaintances, Just Acquaintances

Brady led me to my mothers study room a.k.a headquarters. He opened the door and brought me insider.

"Ms. Aaliyah is here madam." That was all he said before he bowed and walked out the room without a single glance my wat. Ok, I know we weren't on good terms but seriously. C'mon! I was having an argument with my mind when my mother cleared her throat. I looked up and saw that she was looking out the window. Her window was more outwards so whenever she looked out of it, she would be able to see my face in my window. Creepy, but smart!

"Aaliyah my dear, its nice to see you again." She tried to force a smile but I could see right through it.

"Yeah, whatever. You're rarely here so it doesn't even matter anymore." You could practically hear the disgust in my voice.

"Now that is no way to talk to your own mother!" She yelled.

"Who cares. So, what do you want now? I have homework to do and I don't need you wasting my time." I folded my arms and looked at her expectantly.

"Well, I have some special guests over. They're over by the lake taking a stroll. I need you to go out there and introduce yourself and tell them about yourself and the town." I felt like rolling my eyes. Is she serious! I'm not telling complete strangers about myself.

"They are the Lachowskis. One of the most famous families in the world. The top 3 actually. I need to make allies with them to raise our families credit. It needs to be in good condition when I pass the family business to Scott you know." She turned to me and I couldn't help but smile. Mom might be annoying but she can always make me smile.

"Ok, but how comes you can't make Ariel or Scott do it?" I looked at her suspiciously.

"As you are aware of your brother and sisters relationship as I am?" I nodded but then processed all the information she just said.

"H-How did you know?"

"I'm your mother, it's my job to know." She turned to me.

"And to answer your question, Ariel would flirt with both of them and so would Scott." I was shocked at all the information she knew. I wonder how much more information she did know. I started to come up with strange scenarios before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I snapped out of my intense thinking.

"How I do you know I won't do the same?" I arched an eyebrow.

"Because sweetheart, your still virgin and I know you wouldn't want to lose it so early." She winked at me and went to the secret closet she had in her workroom. No one knew about it. Not even Brady. I found out by accident and I was sworn to secrecy by candy. Damn my stupid antics! She took an outfit on a hanger and handed it to me. It was a simple black bathing suit with a grey sweater and some sunglasses but it would totally look great on me, if I wasn't so self-conscious of my body!

"Mom, I can't wear this. What's the point of this in the first place?"

"You're going to bring them to our pool and be nice!" She shoved the swimsuit in my hands and pushed me out of the room. Ugh! Now what! Oh I know, time to embarrass myself. I went into my bathroom and looked at myself. Time for a total makeover. I got my hair dye remover and washed all the blonde out. Yep folks! Im a brunette. Afterwards, I put a cream over my pimples and waited. In the middle of it all I let my hair our natural and put my suit with the sweaters and some flats. Then I washed the cream and my face was clear as ice. I grabbed a towel and phone and headed downstairs. I opened up the door and their they stood. Weird!

"Um, haven't I seen you somewhere before?" The boy said a bit confused.

"Yeah, I was the one you "helped"." Or more like gave a therapy session. I looked up at Mr. Lachowski and smiled. He smiled back and his eyes kept darting from my body to my face. Bith if them were doing that.