Chapter 7- Part of Their World

"D-dad?!" I squeaked. I was in a panic. If he sees me in this condition he's going to flip shit on whoever did this to me.

"Alexandria? Is that you?" My father asked me, looking me over with a suspicious look.
Everything was rushing to my head. What do I do? How should I respond? Should I try and play it cool or make a run for it? What the hell should I do?

"Dad it's me," I laughed while closing my eyes and smiling at him, "I would think you would recognize your own daughter." I scratched the back of my head and looked at him with a smile that was hard to crack.

Sam looked at me again and then his eyes went wide. He picked me up off the ground and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Alexandria, you've grown up! I hardly recognized you! You haven't written to us for a while and I was starting to get nervous," he said but under what he said I was sensing he could care less about what happened to me.

He placed me on the ground and I gingerly placed my feet on the ground and tried to act like nothing was wrong. I looked at my father who seems to me squinting at something on my face.

"Um... Dad? Is something wrong?" I asked nervously.

"What happened to your hair? Why did you style it that way. Alex you know how I feel about that," he said while his voice started to raise a little bit. I stepped back as cautiously as possible, afraid of what he might say. I quickly thought up something to quench his rising anger.

"I'm really sorry about that. I've just been so concentrated on getting better that I haven't had the time to cut it. I just quickly put it up tonight but I promise I won't do my hair like this again," the moment I said that I felt something deep inside of me break. Mom. I feel like I lost my mother all over again. I felt like I broke a promise to my mother to never forget her.

"You better," he snarled. I shrunk back a bit expecting some kind of hit to come for disobeying.

I opened my eyes after never feeling a hit. My father was glancing off into the distance at something. I turned slowly and saw a figure walking towards us. It was a girl and she wore a huge smile upon her face. I recognized the girl immediately from her midnight black hair and her muddy brown eyes.

It was Myra.

She rushed forward and hugged my father. I gave a look of complete confusion and disgust. How in the world did Myra know my father?

"Uncle it's been so long!" she said with a smile on her face.

Uncle! Sam is her uncle?

"Myra? What are you doing here? When did you join the military?" My father said with disbelief. He seemed overwhelmed to she her.

"I joined after Wall Maria was broken. Well it wasn't till after my dad died but I joined in memory of him. I've been doing really well and all of my instructors are really impressed with how I'm doing. I think they doubted me when I started but I've sure shown them!" Myra said with a smile. I was amazed. That was probably the most she has ever said to anyone. But I still was in shock.

My father smiled at Myra and tousled her hair. She giggled and smacked his hand away. I cleared my throat hoping to clear the awkward situation I was in.

"Do you mind telling me what's going on Dad?" I asked with a bit of venom and crossing my arms.

"Alex, this is my uncle. My mother and your father are siblings," Myra said gesturing to Sam. She smiled at me.

"That makes us-"

"Cousins." I said with realization. I was completely shocked. Myra and I are cousins and my father never mentioned anything before. Myra never said anything ever in the almost three years we've known each other.